Re: [LAU] [OT] OLPC2OLPOTH 100$pc also for over-the-hills plz

From: Rob <lau@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Saturday, July 28, 2007 - 6:48 pm

On Saturday 28 July 2007, <> wrote:

Yeah, the OLPC currently costs $175 to make, whereas the Eee will
supposedly retail for $200. (Whenever the OLPC is available here,
they're saying it'll be sold at double its material cost, minimum.)

I'm thinking of picking up an Eee for my mom for her birthday or xmas
(their old desktop machine is pretty much her husband's personal
Solitaire game), and if I do, you bet I'll be trying to get Jack
working on it. Don't know how successful I'll be since it tragically
runs Xandros which last I heard didn't ship a lot of audio stuff
standard (and the Eee will be stripped down further still, to fit on
its little flash drive.)

Of course, by the time I do that, someone else on this list will
undoubtedly have already gotten one. They're too cheap not to.

Rob