[linux-audio-user] What is currently the best USB audio interface for Linux?

From: ico <ico@...>
To: <linux-audio-dev@...>, <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 1:06 am

Hi all,

I am in the process of considering a portable USB audio interface. Having
checked the alsa matrix, I am a bit at a loss what may be the best option.

Things I am looking for are as follows (they are listed in no particular
order):

1) USB interface
2) Preferrably USB 2.0 capable
3) Audio and MIDI capability
4) High fidelity (higher the better)
5) More inputs/outputs, the better
6) Preferrably has some preamp inputs
7) Obviously must be supported in Linux/Alsa
8) Price not an issue

Any ideas?

Best wishes,

Ico