Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: POLL: Marketing Free Music

From: Rob <lau@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 7:58 pm

On Sat March 11 2006 11:16, Cesare Marilungo wrote:

I value freedom a great deal, and if one of my songs someday
happens to contain visceral allusions to semen on someone's
face, or a redneck antagonist killing an Asian character (would
that make my song racist toward Asians, or toward rednecks?)
then that's the way it's going to be. Jamendo can kiss my
American ass as well.

I don't think impeaching this one service's terms of use
impeaches the concept as a whole, though.

> And you really believe that if you want you can administer a

They can do what they want, but I'd rather just put my music out
there on the web. It's not like it's going to be popular enough
to cost much in terms of bandwidth... I use way more bandwidth
with my Mandrake RPM repository than any of my bits of music
have ever used. Marketing can be done through things like
myspace or CC music aggregation sites or whatever's replaced
mp3.com (note: talking about marketing my own music here, not
marketing free music as an ideal which I think will run up
against people's actual reasons for listening to music.)

Rob