Re: [linux-audio-user] JACK/ALSA Problems

From: <laulist@...>
To: A list for linux audio users <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 12:08 pm

Yes, most of my Linux experience has been configuring servers by fiddling
on the command line, or writing web code. Old habits die hard!

I grabbed Qjackctl and it sure makes a difference. I'm now getting sound
out of CheeseTracker and Rosegarden. The fact that some of these
programs connect themselves is pretty cool.

Rosegarden looks like a phenomenal piece of work, that is what I've been
looking for I think. Big learning curve with all the MIDI stuff, but
that's what life is for!

I'm also looking for a lighter "live" solution for playing with samples
etc (bass and percussion and effects) along with "real" musos.

Great stuff.

Thanks all for the tips
Mick