Re: [linux-audio-user] Suggested laser printer for score printing?

From: <ross@...>
To: A list for linux audio users <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Friday, August 12, 2005 - 11:21 pm

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 10:32:18PM +0100, Mr. Spock wrote:

If an HP LaserJet 4/5 isn't good enough for your score printing, you
must be into mass-producing plate-quality scores.

I have a LaserJet 5SiMX (that's with the PS add-on) and it's amazing.
600dpi, duplex printing, and a 250k page duty cycle.

You can often find them in needing their routing maintainence - every
250k pages, they need to have the rollers cleaned/replaced, change the
drum, etc.

There's no way anyone's newer SOHO crap kit can touch my printer. And
the best part? Toner carts are rated to be changed once per
maintainence cycle. As I will very doubtfully ever print 125,000
pages, I have no need to ever buy another printer supply.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@lug.udel.edu

man in the bonds of Hell."