Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: VMWare for Music

From: <ross@...>
To: A list for linux audio users <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 11:19 pm

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 01:59:19PM +0300, David Baron wrote:

Thanks! I'll look into the alternatives. Unfortuantely, I'm fairly
sure that Xen requires client OS support, so Windows is probably a
no-go. But I had forgotten all about Lin4Win. Does anyone have
promising reports on that?

> I'd love to see some of this stuff work with WINE but fewer and fewer sound

Agreed. Cakewalk has very bizarre font problems under Wine. It only
works if I only install the Notation font. Any text fonts cause it to
crash. Very weird..

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@lug.udel.edu