Re: [linux-audio-user] AMD64 with Linux audio applications?

From: <ix@...>
To: A list for linux audio users <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 4:51 am

> How do most of these audio applications behave in 64bit mode? If you

everything ive tried so far behaves fine, except for pd, and i think that shouldnt be much longer..

the lower end of amd64 line is fast and cheap, same as always for amd..you wll get a significant performance improvement in 64bit mode due to the extra general purpose registers, even before factoring in gains due to sse2 vectorization, etc..

worst i had to do was change a few longs to ints, and add -fPIC here and there..it shouldnt affect anything on your list however..