Re: [linux-audio-user] Automating qjackctl & xmms start-up

From: c <yaqtil@...>
To: A list for linux audio users <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 10:53 pm

> > Alternatively, there's a "start JACK audio server on application

i could never get this going properly. i mean it almost worked, but it
generally either failed to kill jackd on quit, or killed jackd when i
didnt want it to, or failed to notice a jackd was already running when
it was launched so it launched another one. regardless of the checkbox
es it had a mind of its own.

in other words, you should check out jack.ctl from rohan drape's
sw-[0-9]{2} collection. it can even launch other apps right after
jack, like jack.plumbing, or xmms, or whatever...

> Someone complained the other day when she wanted to play music on my

show her amarok (since you already have KDE, it should be fairly quick
to setup). its better than foobar2000 and at least as good as
iTunes...xmms...what year is this?

> She said that it was easier in Windows. So I just felt the need to

cheers