On 11/10/05, thewade wrote:
A few comments:
1) The current kernel from Ingo would be 2.4.16-rt9. I think that rt5
didn;t last very long and had some problems. Please try -rt9.
2) Make sure you reinstall the realtime-lsm package after building that kernel.
3) Make sure you create a realtime group and modprobe realtime to
enable that group:
modprobe realtime gid=600 any=1
where gid=600 is for my realtime group in /etc/groups.
4) Making best use of the kernel requires that you understand the ISR
number for your sound card and reset it's priority higher. This helps
a lot in reducing or eliminating xruns.
5) Remove .jackrc completely and let your system set a new one.
6) Here are my HDSP 9652 settings:
jackd -R -p 64 -d alsa -r 44100 -p 64 -n2 -d hw:1,0
I get a few xruns at -p 64 -n2. I get none at -p 256 -n 2. I am still
looking for the root cause of the few xruns I get at 64/2.
7) Make sure you have the Jack FIFOS mounted on tmpfs.
As a comment, I don't personally like Jack in /usr local. You might
consider rebuilding Jack one of these days with:
Hope this all helps a bit,.