Re: [linux-audio-user] Jack interface peristance

From: lee <lee@...>
To: A list for linux audio users <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 4:46 pm

David Baron wrote:

This happens to me also but more infrequently than you. I think it may
be caused by how the specific application uses the jack interface and
not necessarily jack it's self. You should first start be contacting the
apps authors.

> Xmms instances remain in memory and must be killed.

How are you getting Helix player to connect to jack?

> How might on fix all this up. Is there a nicer way to restart jackd than to

That's pretty much how every single process is dealt with in the unix
world. I believe qjackctl automates this with the "stop" button.

-lee