[linux-audio-user] New sound scheme for the Linux Desktop

From: <ico@...>
To: <alsa-user@...>, <linux-audio-user@...>
Cc: <ico@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 4:07 pm

Hi all,

I've been messing the other day with figuring out new sounds that would "enhance the Linux desktop experience" (namely KDE, but obviously usable with any desktop that supports sound events) since the ones we currently have IMHO sound a bit too obtrusive.

Anyhow, I've come up with this new theme titled "Borealis." It is available for immediate download on the KDE-look website:

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=12584

An .ogg preview of the start-up sound can be found here:

http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/Linux/Borealis.ogg

Any comments and/or suggestions are most welcome and appreciated!

Best wishes,

Ico