[linux-audio-user] Weird sounds

From: Vi <vi@...>
To: <linux-audio-user@...>
Date: Thursday, April 8, 2004 - 9:35 am

Hi, I'm using alsa with via82xx configured. And sometimes when I play
sound with xmms, xine, etc. I get wierd noise
on background (popping sound). When I go to alsamixer and change via dxs
(even very litle) the sound desapears,
but backround popping stays. If I'm changing pcm, it becomes more
silent, but when I'm turning my speakers louder
I still hear popping noise. The thing is that it's not happening always,
but in 50% of cases. And there is no such problem
under windows (so it's not the speakers who are guilty). I'm confused
about this stuff. Please help.

Thanks.