On 11/09/2013 08:10 PM, David Robillard wrote:
eg-scope, sure, fine with me; but please give me a few days to add some
more comments to the source: elaborate on Atom-msgs and clearly note
that the scope display itself is horribly wrong design. It's actually a
perfect textbook example of what *not* to do:
* no thread sync. it redraws somewhat randomly
* it's neither accurate nor stable
* it displays raw samples (a proper scope should^Wmust not do that)
* the display itself just connects min/max line segments
* no labels, no scale, no calibration
maybe Aurélien is going to address some of these issues, and his project
will eventually be suited better for inclusion as official example.
Alternatively removing the drawing routine would IMHO be appropriate for
an example atom-vector communication plugin.
@Aurélien: are you planning to implement a trigger mechanism and/or
history? any plans to add up-sampling and interpolation? what about
markers and numerical readout?
Linux-audio-dev mailing list