Petri-Foo is a sampler for linux using JACK. It was originally a fork of
the Specimen sampler project. A new version is now available to download
This release brings further cosmetic changes improving the overall look
of Petri-Foo. The fan sliders have gone, so it must be time to
mention the precision modifying shift and ctrl keypresses for the
If you missed the 0.1.3 release, here's a quick rundown of the changes:
* migrated from autotools to cmake
* updated and slimmed-down PHAT replacement called Phin.
* mousewheel waveform zooming
* velocity range setting for patch
* auto-preview (with optional resampling) in sample selector dialog
* recoded deprecated gdk calls to use cairo.
* lots and lots of bug fixes i've long since forgotten about
Some say it's the successor to Specimen and that the two shouldn't
co-exist. All I know is it's called Petri-Foo.
Linux-audio-dev mailing list