Am 2. April 2012 20:05 schrieb Emanuel Rumpf :
Proposing a few simple non-intrusive rules:
- clients MUST create symlinks for all external files used - in the
directory "nsm/ sessions/ mysession/ myapp/ external-file-links/"
- clients are ADVISED to store large-files in "/nsm/ large-files/"
(and create symlinks for them as in previous point)
- all NSM-clients treat all files, as if they were inside their
(means: they access all external files over the symlinks)
- if a file must be external, apps create a symlink in
their external-file-links/ folder and access the file through that link
Without obtruding much on the application, nor on the SM
(clients just create the symlinks and use them),
this would - for the first version :
- offer accaptable integrity.
- ensure all files are either referenced-from or contained-in the session dir
- ensure, if a file or link in the session-dir is modified or replaced,
the new version is used by the nsm-client
Linux-audio-dev mailing list