Re: [LAD] [LAU] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

To: <linux-audio-dev@...>
Date: Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 8:08 am

------- Forwarded message -------
From: "Uwaysi Bin Kareem"
To: "Adrian Knoth"
Subject: Re: [LAD] [LAU] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:06:45 +0200

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 17:58:33 +0200, Adrian Knoth
wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 05:07:20PM +0200, Uwaysi Bin Kareem wrote:

There seems to be a lot of misunderstandings about scheduling policies and
jitter out there. Howver if you want your desktop to slow down, simply by
moving another window, then leave it at normal. Jitter for audio seem
unaffected by this. The standard kernel seems to almost do 0.33 ms stable
on my HDA soundchip. A few clicks, and that is how it is with realtime X
aswell. So why not do it, even if audio is your main focus. X is
singlethreaded, so it needs to have data ready, for it`s windows or games.
Or else it becomes a bottleneck. Do whatever you want with this, but don`t
say it is wrong, or some kind of misunderstanding. I would not run a
desktop any other way.

Peace Be With You.