Further jack-session difficulties:
- some applications use a full path as jack-sessions command_line ==>
not platform independent, not at all
(amSynth vs. /usr/bin/amSynth )
- most use single character parameters in the command_line ==> bad:
-P and -p is the same on some platforms
- the so called uuid actually is NO uuid (as defined in RFC 4122) ==>
it's just a simple session-id and should be renamed
(a uuid would look like this: 6a3f88dc-433e-4a58-ab3e-3551aa14b00b
use uuidgen to generate one)
- in the wiki example code, gtk_main_quit(); is called before
jack_session_event_free( ev );
it appears, that jack_session_event_free() will never be called ?
- amSynth has a bug: The session-start command_line is set to NULL, if
using SaveAndQuit, but works with just Save (without Quit)
Maybe there should be a "best practice" section in the jack-session
wiki, pointing out these issues...
2011/7/3 rosea grammostola :
How does jack-session know the time, where an application is ready for
> My audio connections seems to work. My midi connections (via a2j) are not
What are the pre-conditions for jack-session, to restore midi connections ?
Does it work with native jack-midi only ?
regarding phasex (r2011-07-02):
Likely BPM is handled as 'generic option' that is patch independent
and thus not saved with / in the patch file.
I suppose, one has to add additional code to store that info.
Also the whole Bank is not stored currently, just the currently active patch.
Linux-audio-dev mailing list