Re: [LAD] [LAU] OpenOctaveMidi2 (OOM2) beta release

To: Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora@...>
Cc: LAU Mail List <linux-audio-user@...>, Linux Audio Developers <Linux-audio-dev@...>
Date: Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 7:38 pm

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [LAU] [LAD] OpenOctaveMidi2 (OOM2) beta release
From: Orcan Ogetbil
To: Paul Davis
Cc: LAU Mail List , Linux Audio
Developers
Date: 01/27/2011 11:26 AM

Thanks for the clarification.
As for not using our look, you are free to the style sheet I created for
you but change the colors was all I was asking. You should communicate
these things directly to me instead of out here in the lions den :)

As for more attribution, what would you like. I have no issues with
giving you props where you need it. So what do you need?

You know there seems to be this idea that we are coming out there to
destroy someones project. You said it yourself that we code fast and
hard. The reason for this is that we simply need the software. When we
were dealing with Rosegarden Micheal McIntyre could not stop swearing at
us so we forked. He felt we were invading and told us he refused to let
us take over. Oh well :)

You know I never wanted to develop audio software, I have much bigger
fish to fry. It is just my wife's pipeline is so big that the current
software was caving in. I tried to get help from the coders, but there
is never much of that to go around. So I took matters into my own hands.

We are not like Ardour asking for money all the time. We are doing this
to write music. If people (Chris Cannam) and others feel they need more
attribution, then that part is really easy to fix.

I suspect there is much more to this puzzle than attribution. I suspect
we rocked the boat just a bit too much and too fast.

Well..... it is only going to get worse if that is the case. I need much
more to finish my project with my wife. We have very big plans. This
software is such a little part of our lives, but we do need it.

Anyhow. I have been up for days coding and need some sleep.

I hope you all enjoy our features. After all they are much better than
anything in Linux for orchestral scoring. We really outdid ourselves! :)

Enjoy!

--
Christopher Cherrett
ccherrett@openoctave.org