On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 22:37 +0200, email@example.com wrote:
I have found the qjackctl automatic retry to not help at all as well.
I would really like for it to go away - is it configurable somehow?
(sorry if this was mentioned in the thread, I have only had time lately
to skim through the lists - where does time go??).
This is how it (does not) work(s) in my case (0.3.6):
- point to a non existing card on purpose so that jackd can't start
- press "Start"
- jackd does not start :-)
- qjackctl pops up a window that says:
"Error: Jack Audio Connection Kit", etc, etc.
- click on "Cancel" (the only option it shows).
- click on "Setup" to fix the problem
- qjackctl pops up the error window again before I'm done
- it has _focus_ so I can't continue working on the "Setup" panel
- click on "Cancel" again
- keep working on "Setup"
- if (managed to fix problem) GOTO FIXED
- pop up window shows up again (I'm old and slow)
- GOTO AGAIN
- if (do nothing and wait a bit) GOTO WHAT?
- give up and press "Start", jackd starts fine.
Not useful. Not even retrying once. I can't think of a situation where
jackd fails to start on the first time and will on the second try a few
Linux-audio-dev mailing list