A number of system here, including the ones at the Casa
del Suono are to be upgraded in the coming weeks.
At the moment they all run Fedora 8, so the first choice
would be to go for Fedora 11. But:
* None of them will run Gnome or KDE.
* Most will be headless anyaway.
* I want access/privilege control to be based on
user and group ID and nothing else. Privileges
will never depend on the user having a local
login or desktop session.
* I'm prepared to have to spend some time configuring
udev, pam, /etc/fstab etc. etc. etc.
* What I certainly *do not want* is some parallel
access control system that would interfere with
the above, or that could modify/bypass/enhance
in any way what has been configured there.
* I'm *not* really prepared to have to waste any time
reconfiguring the Kit family. Consequently I don't
want to see any of them.
So what distro should I go for ? Having to spend weeks
compiling everything from source is not an option.
Anyone able to point in the right direction will receive
my eternal gratitude which could be expressed in quantities
of fine Italian food and drinks if the occasion arises.
Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.
Linux-audio-dev mailing list