Re: [LAD] At the hands of Professor Keller and Raymond

From: <laseray@...>
To: <linux-audio-dev@...>
Date: Monday, July 27, 2009 - 3:42 pm

On Monday 27 July 2009 11:12:05 Robert Keller wrote:

Calling what I am doing stealing is defamation of character. I think Bob
better watch what he says. Hardly what you would expect from someone
who thinks he is in such an irreproachable position.

> I do want to cooperate, and will be looking into what I can do to

Good luck with that. In my experience, there is little if anything a person
can do about someone legitimately forking a GPL project against their
approval. Using the GPL for a project is to give others approval to fork it,
at will. Thus he shows a lack of knowledge about what he has gotten himself
into in the first place by using the GPL.

> It would not be wise to contribute to his fork meanwhile, because

I have heard this before. All subterfuge to prevent competition.
Did I mention that I have already forked other GPL projects before
and tried all kinds of things to stop it. None of them worked because
I was completely within my legal rights to do it.

> For reference, I include below a message from Raymond which exposes

He includes private messages intended for him only, that shows real
character. There is nothing wrong with what I wrote in that message anyway.
Perhaps others will not like the tone, makes no difference though.

I think you can all see now the kind of person Bob is now by this post,
exactly what I have been trying to tell everyone all along.

Why should they help? Nothing wrong has been done.
This is highly laughable.

I think he should go to the FSF and cry, they will laugh also.

I invite Bob to get a lawyer and try to sue me for doing what he has allowed
me to do by way of the GPL. It is contradictory to attack others for what you
have given them permission to do.

Raymond