> On Sun, 17 May 2009 13:11:23 +0200, Fons Adriaensen
All features that jackdbus offers can be added without dbus. Using dbus
was and still is the best way. It will be the best until there is better
reusable model invented. Or if someone donates (development time) to
implement such object model. Most important thing missing in jackd is
the log file. Then you have other missing features:
* no way several app to control single jack server. One needs to adopt it.
* no runtime discovery of jack settings
* no hierarchical settings file
* complex patchbay API that results in complicated code in patchbay apps
* multithread (for jack1 realtime too) threading model. (GUI) control
patchbay app should be allowed to be single threaded and not required
to handle graph change events in a realtime context.
>> Dbus assumes there is a local login, without that
ATM headless and multiserver setups are not covered by jackdbus. This
*can* be fixed with dbus model.
Packagers tha have made the packages should have read this before
Maybe they did. I dont see why you Fons are attacking jackdbus because of
packaging not matching your needs.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.7 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----