On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 04:25:47AM -0500, Richard Smith wrote:
> Can the audio community use such a board?
Probably yes :-)
> Will they help in producing the feature set and design?
Probably yes. I would as far as I can.
> What features would it need?
* operate at 48 and 96 kHz.
* 8 / 16 / 24 analog inputs (line level, balanced)
* 8 / 16 / 24 analog outputs (line level)
* top quality converters and analog circuits
* fixed and calibrated audio levels
* support for RMS and peak metering
* XLR or stereo jack connectors
* no on-board processing, mixing, etc required
* optional ADAT interfaces
* optional AES/EBU interfaces
> What would they pay for it?
Whatever I'd pay for commercial hardware of the same
performance and quality.
- bus interface (PLX)
- some memory
- analog cirquits
Nothing fancy really.
Follie! Follie! Delirio vano e' questo!