Re: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Major problem with RME HDSP/Multiface and a 64-bit AMD laptop

From: <ico@...>
Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 1:22 am

Hi,

> wait ... this seems to be similar to the problem i have with my hdsp ...

I will try to next week. Right now I am in a bind until this coming Sunday. I will let you know as soon as I am done.

I would encourage you to hold off for a couple months, of course if you can afford to wait. It took me literally a good year on my old Inspiron 8000 (later replaced for 8100) before most of the quirks were resolved on it (both Win32 and Linux-side). This is pretty much the case with most of the new technology. For instance my newest toy, the aforementioned m6807 by eMachines has been on the market for barely 2 months and it is in dire need of a BIOS update. Hopefully one will be released by eMachines (although I am a bit skeptical about this one as most of their other products don't have such low-level updates available), but if not, there are plenty of other resellers that might since this model is being rebranded by over half-dozen companies across the world.

Absolutely! Looking forward to meeting you!

Thanks :-)

Best wishes,

Ico