[linux-audio-dev] anyone interested to develop a new apps ?

From: <dubphil@...>
To: <linux-audio-dev@...>
Date: Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 10:38 pm

Hello,

I want to setup a sound system with linux. For this, I need an app that
could split an audio file in four tracks in order to add them separately
some effects.

I tried to achieve this using Jamin which have this kind of "Crossover"
functionnality, but it is defenetly not usable for what I need.

The ideal application should not be too complex :

it should be compatible with Jack and could just get a stereo channel
for input and provides 4 stereo channels. The 4 stereo channels would be
the result off a crossover spliting by frequency ranges of the input
stereo channel.
we could give a default preset like this :

1st stereo channel : low
2nd stereo channel : low-mid
3rd stereo channel : high-mid
4th stereo channel : high

of course thoose ranges should also be set manually.

each channel could have the gain controlled and could have assigned 4
effects with LADSPA plug-ins.

each slider or knob should be midi controlled (I know that Jack Rack
already does this).

Does this kind of apps should take a long time to be developped ?
I'm not skilled to undergo this kind of project alone as I'm a poor PHP/Perl
and little Python developper.
Anyone interested for this kind of project ?

Kind regards

Philippe