Re: [linux-audio-dev] XAP spec - early scribbles

From: <torbenh@...>
To: <linux-audio-dev@...>
Date: Saturday, March 1, 2003 - 5:53 pm

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 04:47:55PM +0000, Simon Jenkins wrote:

having looked at what amble does i see the point for the
push thing :)

i was thinking about this when i started experimenting with
the DSP of my EMU10K1... before university started...

But i had too much problems figuring out how one would allocate the
temp variables for n:m connections.

You seem to be more firm in this. perhaps you could give me some
clues.

the goal is the same as ambles but
source are some galan components and target is emu10k1 assembler.
alsa has some nice macros for generating the code...

problems are:
only 256 registers (no mem)
only some delay lines...

delay line allocation is not the problem because they are global
for all sample cycles.

yeah but for obvious reasons the push model is necessary..

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language