[Consortium] ANN: New Pd-L2Ork x86_64 and Raspberry Pi release now available together with comprehensive how-to

Previous message: [thread] [date] [author]
Next message: [thread] [date] [author]
To: <pd-list@...>, 'p1k53l workshop' <piksel@...>, DISIS mailing list <user@...>, <l2ork@...>, <icat-impact@...>, <linux-audio-announce@...>, An open mailing list for a world-wide network of aspiring L2Orkists, L2Ork developers, contributors, and supporters. <l2ork-dev@...>, consortium <consortium@...>
Date: Friday, May 31, 2013 - 7:01 pm

It is my great pleasure to announce immediate availability of the latest
Pd-L2Ork, its K12 module, as well as the inaugural official version of
Pd-L2Ork for the Raspberry Pi platform. The new release is accompanied by a
comprehensive documentation on how to connect RPi to the computer as well as
run and configure Pd-L2Ork (and its K12 module) for operation on RPi. In
addition, as part of this release, the regular Pd-L2Ork install instructions
have been also streamlined to make them easier to navigate.

Special thanks to NewBlankets Inc. for the Satchmo SuitSup Award that made
our RPi hacking efforts possible!

For more info visit:
http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/?page_id=56 (x86_64 version with updated
how-to)
http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/?page_id=2288 (Raspberry Pi version download
and how-to)

Changelog highlights:
*Fixed bug
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2457992&group_i...
736&atid=478070; hopefully also fixed incorrectly reported hit/selection
boxes for nested structs (like the one reported in the previous bug report)
*added ability for preset_hub to write/read presets or entire scenes from
files. Improved documentation to reflect new additions and to improve
existing.
*added multi-connect option with 5 different modes:

1. shift-click manual multi-connect
2. two selected objects multiple outlets to multiple inlets
3. two or more selected objects connecting to one unselected one
4. one unselected connecting to multiple selected ones
5. multiple selected ones connecting to one's multiple inlets OR the
other way around (determined on whichever mode gives more valid connections)

Option 1 requires use of shift. Other options are based on what is
selected at the time of making the first connection (others are
automatically created based on conditions). Later consider adding special
undo that undos all connections in one step, rather than multiple steps. For
more info, please see Jonathan's recent email on the pd-list:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2013-05/102871.html
*added ability for gop to intelligently detect when iemgui objects fit (or
don't) inside gop window. the same also applies to dynamic changes to iemgui
properties (size, font, label, delta, position, etc.)
*selection box makes patch scroll when reaching patch window edge
*Added support for multiline comments (with some help from Taylor O'Connor
and Jean-Philippe Ouellet).
*disis_wiimote 1.0.4
*added raspbian compile option
*improved logic for freeing rtext that alleviates memory leak but also does
not crash abstractions and gop objects (there are still memory leaks
apparent in l2ork_output~ external which may be linked to individual objects
having incomplete free functions). See
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3605235&group_id=55736&a...
478070 for more info
*Fixed segfault bugs with ascseq and ascwave externals
*fixed memory leak (see
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3605235&group_id=55736&...
=478070)
*bug fix
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3605973&group_id=55736&a...
478072

Complete changelog (without the highlights):
*backported tcl updates to properly support updated pddplink
*fixed segfault when closing array window/subpatch due to lack of checking
of valid resize/move hook pointers
*added example files for the expanded preset_hub documentation
*fixed accelerated displace bug where nested structs did not get properly
tagged/selected
*fixed erroneous meta file generation script
*numerous bug-fixes for mouse down/up and key press combos (e.g.
shift-clicks for multiconnect and dragging within an object)
*added accelerated displace to pddplink
*Made pddplink color match pd-l2ork
*cosmetic improvements to Scope~ and coll
*improved nlet highlighting (integrated it into glist), fixed bug with
multiselect with mixed objects (accelerated and legacy)
*improved scrollbar color selection
*reintroduced cleaned up version of tooltip arrows
*cord inspector is hidden during font scaling
*improved font scaling and made cord inspector appearance consistent with
tooltips
*improved font scaling for size 24
*fixed consistency check error for magicGlass (regression)
*fixed k12 shortcuts where secondary menu did not invoke k12 mode
*minor fixes to the K12 library
*added automatic resize of arrays when adding/removing points via
ctrl+click, fixed a bug where array is not properly redrawn after a new
point is created
*made sure that properties windows associated with a patcher that is being
closed are also closed at that time.
*added an article to the NaN error report text
*improved pow logic to accept negative numbers and deal correctly with NaN
situations
*added proper getrect support for comment objects
*made drag scrolling less cpu hungry and easier to control
*cords in front after iemgui properties apply
*more scrolling improvements
*lowered rate of getscroll when pasting to minimize cpu overhead
*fixed random shifting of scroll when duplicating an object
*proper fix for the crash when closing one of the many concurrently open
root patches
*automated installer clean-up for flext
*remaining clean-up and flext integration in the intel/rpi build process
*dependencies update
*updated postlude
*improved shortcuts so that pd-l2ork auto-creates midi ports on start-up
*support for flext and auto-building of fluid~ and disis_munger~
*fixed bug where select all did not work with Console window focused
*fixed regression where windows were not properly raised
*improved window placement logic of new pd windows
*improvements to disis_wiimote to provide unsuccessful attempt at connecting
with an explicit 0 from the connect outlet (version bump to 1.0.4)
*fixed stray bugs that were introduced with drawsymbol and resizable fonts
and made drawnumber font resizable as well
*made drawsymbol a distinct object that properly opens its help file and
also supports resizable fonts
*added input highlighting ability like that of iemgui's number2 to gatom
class
*fixed text not getting displaced properly while dragging a scalar (due to
incomplete accelerated displace implementation)
*fixed segfault due to delayed freeing of bindlists (necessary to prevent a
segfault for dynamically changed sends/receives)
*improvements to the incremental install script
*new/improved icons
*fixed typo for the new -r option (RPi build)
*Improvements to the disconnection logic to the disis_wiimote
*made shortcuts more flexible in terms of startup (not forcing JACK, which
will help on setups that don't want/need JACK backend), as well as providing
intelligent menu shortcuts for ALSA and JACK
*made disis_wiimote statically linked so that new installs do not require
install of the custom cwiid library that potentially clashes with other
deb-based versions.
*fixed regression from IOhannes' proposed fix (see
e7acc4796b655100b650f898bb10687fb9f7355d commit) that affects propagation of
scalar pointers through the trigger object. Use scalar-help.pd to test.
*hopefully improved libglew support due to unfortunately named libs that
limit their flexible rollout across different versions of Ubuntu (and likely
other distros as well)
*hopefully fixed stray iemgui dialog error when returning from the custom
color selection dialog
*removed unnecessary canvas_vis consistency check
*fixed erroneous undo behavior after cutting two objects in a row
*updated moonlib to the latest version and made changes to mknob.c to
support accelerated displacing with tag
*fixed midi dialogs
*added ability for select object to recognize bang events
*improved IO Error button on/off handling
*refinements to the memory leak fix that avoid tripping consistency check in
the findrtext
*further refined trigger mechanism to offer ability to convert
anything->symbol
*implemented improvement for empty lists as suggested by IOhannes
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2013-02/101518.html
*fixed remaining memory leaks when instantiating/deleting abstractions (see
previous commit).
*minor adjustments to the binary script-based installer for the pd~ external
support.
*fixed bug where pd-l2ork symlink for pd~ external did not get installed

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Head, ICAT IMPACT Studio
Virginia Tech
Dept. of Music - 0240
Blacksburg, VA 24061
(540) 231-6139
(540) 231-5034 (fax)
ico@vt.edu
http://www.music.vt.edu/faculty/bukvic/

_______________________________________________
Consortium mailing list
Consortium@lists.linuxaudio.org
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/consortium

Previous message: [thread] [date] [author]
Next message: [thread] [date] [author]

Messages in current thread:
[Consortium] Re: linuxaudio.org and GStreamer, Daniel James, (Wed Jan 21, 10:30 pm)
[Consortium] Re: Linux audio workstations, Daniel James, (Mon Sep 20, 4:00 pm)
[Consortium] Re: linuxsampler and oneshotsampler, Daniel James, (Fri Mar 18, 3:27 pm)
[Consortium] fao Paul White: Letter for publication, Daniel James, (Tue Jun 21, 2:31 pm)
[Consortium] Sounds Expo 2006, Daniel James, (Thu Dec 1, 10:08 pm)
[Consortium] Linuxaudio.org updates, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sat Mar 18, 12:24 am)
[Consortium] Misc. updates, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sat May 13, 4:26 am)
[Consortium] Call for all LA projects, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon Jul 3, 6:13 pm)
[Consortium] Re: [LAU] Categorizing Ladspa plugins?, Fons Adriaensen, (Mon Aug 27, 4:36 pm)
[Consortium] Benefit of Compiz to audio work?, Cory K., (Mon Nov 12, 3:25 pm)
[Consortium] LAC 2009, Fons Adriaensen, (Mon Oct 27, 3:48 pm)
[Consortium] food for thought, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sat Jan 3, 8:31 pm)
[Consortium] [ANN] Canorus applied as Mentoring organization..., Reinhard Katzmann, (Fri Mar 13, 12:20 am)
Re: [Consortium] linux audio and what have you ..., Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Thu May 7, 4:53 pm)
[Consortium] delta 66, problems, richard.bown@blueyonder.co.uk..., (Tue Jul 7, 8:11 am)
Re: [Consortium] Consortium Digest, Vol 32, Issue 1, Ebrahim Mayat, (Tue Oct 13, 4:56 pm)
[Consortium] Linux Audio Conference 2010, Marc Groenewegen, (Mon Nov 23, 10:01 am)
Re: [Consortium] [LAA] Composition Competition, Marc Groenewegen, (Fri Apr 2, 5:58 pm)
[Consortium] [Fwd: lad.linuxaudio.org], Thorsten Wilms, (Thu Sep 30, 7:28 am)
[Consortium] ANN: Upcoming L2Ork tour of Europe, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon May 9, 6:58 am)
[Consortium] linuxaudio.org network outage, Robin Gareus, (Tue Sep 27, 8:11 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Fri Apr 20, 12:03 pm)
[Consortium] LAO scheduled downtime, Robin Gareus, (Wed Sep 26, 3:12 pm)
[Consortium] Fwd: Scheduled maintenance outage, Robin Gareus, (Tue Mar 5, 7:07 pm)
[Consortium] ANN: New Pd-L2Ork x86_64 and Raspberry Pi relea..., Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Fri May 31, 7:01 pm)
[Consortium] limiting email traffic, Robin Gareus, (Tue Oct 29, 3:53 am)
[Consortium] , Badoo, (Tue Nov 19, 9:31 am)
Re: [Consortium] limiting email traffic, Marc-Olivier Barre, (Tue Oct 29, 7:35 am)
Re: [Consortium] limiting email traffic, Bent Bisballe Nyeng, (Tue Oct 29, 7:13 am)
Re: [Consortium] limiting email traffic, Patrick Shirkey, (Tue Oct 29, 7:19 am)
Re: [Consortium] limiting email traffic, Robin Gareus, (Tue Oct 29, 1:09 pm)
Re: [Consortium] LAO scheduled downtime, Robin Gareus, (Wed Sep 26, 5:06 pm)
Re: [Consortium] LAO scheduled downtime, Robin Gareus, (Wed Sep 26, 4:24 pm)
Re: [Consortium] LAO scheduled downtime, Jeremy Jongepier, (Wed Sep 26, 6:06 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sat Apr 21, 9:29 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Andreas Kuckartz, (Sun Apr 22, 7:59 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Sun Apr 22, 2:47 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Jörn Nettingsmeier, (Fri Apr 20, 9:23 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Sat Apr 21, 12:53 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Robin Gareus, (Sat Apr 21, 10:09 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Sun Apr 22, 2:34 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Robin Gareus, (Sun Apr 22, 9:18 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Sun Apr 22, 9:41 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Jörn Nettingsmeier, (Sun Apr 22, 4:53 pm)
Re: [Consortium] [Fwd: lad.linuxaudio.org], Patrick Shirkey, (Thu Sep 30, 7:42 am)
Re: [Consortium] [Fwd: lad.linuxaudio.org], Patrick Shirkey, (Thu Sep 30, 7:53 am)
Re: [Consortium] [Fwd: lad.linuxaudio.org], Daniel James, (Thu Sep 30, 9:37 am)
Re: [Consortium] [Fwd: lad.linuxaudio.org], Robin Gareus, (Thu Sep 30, 8:00 pm)
[Consortium] LAC2010 Call for music, Marc Groenewegen, (Thu Jan 7, 10:35 am)
[Consortium] LAC Times, Marc Groenewegen, (Tue Feb 16, 6:49 pm)
Re: [Consortium] food for thought, Patrick Shirkey, (Sun Jan 4, 2:55 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Benefit of Compiz to audio work?, Daniel James, (Wed Nov 14, 10:39 am)
Re: [Consortium] Benefit of Compiz to audio work?, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Wed Nov 14, 3:19 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Benefit of Compiz to audio work?, Marc-Olivier Barre, (Wed Nov 14, 10:59 am)
Re: [Consortium] Benefit of Compiz to audio work?, Pieter Palmers, (Mon Nov 12, 5:21 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Benefit of Compiz to audio work?, Marc-Olivier Barre, (Tue Nov 13, 10:05 am)
Re: [Consortium] Misc. updates, Daniel James, (Mon May 15, 2:29 pm)
RE: [Consortium] Misc. updates, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Tue May 16, 11:15 am)
Re: [Consortium] fao Paul White: Letter for publication, Steve Harris, (Tue Jun 21, 2:41 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Re: Linux audio workstations, Andrea Glorioso, (Tue Sep 28, 11:04 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Re: Linux audio workstations, Daniel James, (Wed Sep 29, 3:01 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Re: Linux audio workstations, Andrea Glorioso, (Thu Sep 30, 3:23 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Re: Linux audio workstations, Sili Attila, (Thu Sep 30, 6:54 pm)