[Consortium] ANN: New version of Pd-L2Ork Software Featured in the Inaugural VT ICAT Maker Workshop for Middle-School Kids

Previous message: [thread] [date] [author]
Next message: [thread] [date] [author]
To: 'p1k53l workshop' <piksel@...>, pd-list@iem.at <pd-list@...>, <linux-audio-announce@...>, A list for linux audio users <linux-audio-user@...>, An open mailing list for a world-wide network of aspiring L2Orkists, L2Ork developers, contributors, and supporters. <l2ork-dev@...>, consortium <consortium@...>, <community@...>, <icma-post@...>, <seamus-l@...>
Date: Monday, July 30, 2012 - 3:30 pm

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------010405050002070603000404
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Apologies for x-posting...

It's been a busy summer--pd-l2ork
has been making big strides
towards becoming a robust full-fledged digital signal processing tool.
The latest version includes revolutionary preset_hub and preset_node
system that supports a wide range of data types as well as abstractions.
It is essentially Pd's counterpart toMax's pattrstorage
.
We've also squashed dozens of bugs and clean-ups making pd-l2ork better
than ever.

Perhaps the most exciting improvement involves Pd-L2Ork'sK12 module
geared towards elementary,
middle, and high school students. The new version has over 40
objects/abstractions, allowing students to seamlessly interact with both
Wiimotes andSARC iteration of Arduino Uno devices (a.k.a. Sarcduino
firmware) .
And this very version together with 15 L2Ork stations is being used this
week by more than 30 middle-school students as part of the inauguralICAT
K12 Maker Workshop taking place in Virginia
Tech Institute for Creativity, Arts & Technology's Studio 1. So, head on
over to the L2Ork's software page
and check out what the
latest version of pd-l2ork is all about ;-)

Best wishes,

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Head, ICAT IMPACT Studio
Virginia Tech
Department of Music
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0240
(540) 231-6139
(540) 231-5034 (fax)
disis.music.vt.edu
l2ork.music.vt.edu
ico.bukvic.net

--------------010405050002070603000404
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Apologies for x-posting...

It’s been a busy summer--pd-l2ork has been making big
strides towards becoming a robust full-fledged digital signal
processing tool. The latest version includes revolutionary
preset_hub and preset_node system that supports a wide range of
data types as well as abstractions. It is essentially Pd’s
counterpart to Max’s pattrstorage. We’ve also
squashed dozens of bugs and clean-ups making pd-l2ork better than
ever.
Perhaps the most exciting improvement involves Pd-L2Ork’s K12 module geared
towards elementary, middle, and high school students. The new
version has over 40 objects/abstractions, allowing students to
seamlessly interact with both Wiimotes and SARC iteration of Arduino Uno devices
(a.k.a. Sarcduino firmware)
. And this very version together
with 15 L2Ork stations is being used this week by more than 30
middle-school students as part of the inaugural ICAT K12 Maker
Workshop
taking place in Virginia Tech Institute for
Creativity, Arts & Technology’s Studio 1.

So, head on over to the L2Ork’s software page and check out what the
latest version of pd-l2ork is all about ;-)

Best wishes,

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Head, ICAT IMPACT Studio
Virginia Tech
Department of Music
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0240
(540) 231-6139
(540) 231-5034 (fax)
disis.music.vt.edu
l2ork.music.vt.edu
ico.bukvic.net

--------------010405050002070603000404--

Previous message: [thread] [date] [author]
Next message: [thread] [date] [author]

Messages in current thread:
[Consortium] Re: linuxaudio.org and GStreamer, Daniel James, (Wed Jan 21, 10:30 pm)
[Consortium] Re: Linux audio workstations, Daniel James, (Mon Sep 20, 4:00 pm)
[Consortium] Re: linuxsampler and oneshotsampler, Daniel James, (Fri Mar 18, 3:27 pm)
[Consortium] fao Paul White: Letter for publication, Daniel James, (Tue Jun 21, 2:31 pm)
[Consortium] Sounds Expo 2006, Daniel James, (Thu Dec 1, 10:08 pm)
[Consortium] Linuxaudio.org updates, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sat Mar 18, 12:24 am)
[Consortium] Misc. updates, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sat May 13, 4:26 am)
[Consortium] Call for all LA projects, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon Jul 3, 6:13 pm)
[Consortium] Re: [LAU] Categorizing Ladspa plugins?, Fons Adriaensen, (Mon Aug 27, 4:36 pm)
[Consortium] Benefit of Compiz to audio work?, Cory K., (Mon Nov 12, 3:25 pm)
[Consortium] LAC 2009, Fons Adriaensen, (Mon Oct 27, 3:48 pm)
[Consortium] food for thought, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sat Jan 3, 8:31 pm)
[Consortium] [ANN] Canorus applied as Mentoring organization..., Reinhard Katzmann, (Fri Mar 13, 12:20 am)
Re: [Consortium] linux audio and what have you ..., Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Thu May 7, 4:53 pm)
[Consortium] delta 66, problems, richard.bown@blueyonder.co.uk..., (Tue Jul 7, 8:11 am)
Re: [Consortium] Consortium Digest, Vol 32, Issue 1, Ebrahim Mayat, (Tue Oct 13, 4:56 pm)
[Consortium] Linux Audio Conference 2010, Marc Groenewegen, (Mon Nov 23, 10:01 am)
Re: [Consortium] [LAA] Composition Competition, Marc Groenewegen, (Fri Apr 2, 5:58 pm)
[Consortium] [Fwd: lad.linuxaudio.org], Thorsten Wilms, (Thu Sep 30, 7:28 am)
[Consortium] ANN: Upcoming L2Ork tour of Europe, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon May 9, 6:58 am)
[Consortium] linuxaudio.org network outage, Robin Gareus, (Tue Sep 27, 8:11 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Fri Apr 20, 12:03 pm)
[Consortium] ANN: New version of Pd-L2Ork Software Featured ..., Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon Jul 30, 3:30 pm)
[Consortium] LAO scheduled downtime, Robin Gareus, (Wed Sep 26, 3:12 pm)
[Consortium] Fwd: Scheduled maintenance outage, Robin Gareus, (Tue Mar 5, 7:07 pm)
[Consortium] limiting email traffic, Robin Gareus, (Tue Oct 29, 3:53 am)
[Consortium] , Badoo, (Tue Nov 19, 9:31 am)
[Consortium] ANN: 2014 Spring DISIS event, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Wed Apr 30, 12:36 am)
Re: [Consortium] limiting email traffic, Marc-Olivier Barre, (Tue Oct 29, 7:35 am)
Re: [Consortium] limiting email traffic, Bent Bisballe Nyeng, (Tue Oct 29, 7:13 am)
Re: [Consortium] limiting email traffic, Patrick Shirkey, (Tue Oct 29, 7:19 am)
Re: [Consortium] limiting email traffic, Robin Gareus, (Tue Oct 29, 1:09 pm)
Re: [Consortium] LAO scheduled downtime, Robin Gareus, (Wed Sep 26, 5:06 pm)
Re: [Consortium] LAO scheduled downtime, Robin Gareus, (Wed Sep 26, 4:24 pm)
Re: [Consortium] LAO scheduled downtime, Jeremy Jongepier, (Wed Sep 26, 6:06 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sat Apr 21, 9:29 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Andreas Kuckartz, (Sun Apr 22, 7:59 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Sun Apr 22, 2:47 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Jörn Nettingsmeier, (Fri Apr 20, 9:23 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Sat Apr 21, 12:53 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Robin Gareus, (Sat Apr 21, 10:09 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Sun Apr 22, 2:34 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Robin Gareus, (Sun Apr 22, 9:18 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Sun Apr 22, 9:41 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Jörn Nettingsmeier, (Sun Apr 22, 4:53 pm)
Re: [Consortium] [Fwd: lad.linuxaudio.org], Patrick Shirkey, (Thu Sep 30, 7:42 am)
Re: [Consortium] [Fwd: lad.linuxaudio.org], Patrick Shirkey, (Thu Sep 30, 7:53 am)
Re: [Consortium] [Fwd: lad.linuxaudio.org], Daniel James, (Thu Sep 30, 9:37 am)
Re: [Consortium] [Fwd: lad.linuxaudio.org], Robin Gareus, (Thu Sep 30, 8:00 pm)
[Consortium] LAC2010 Call for music, Marc Groenewegen, (Thu Jan 7, 10:35 am)
[Consortium] LAC Times, Marc Groenewegen, (Tue Feb 16, 6:49 pm)
Re: [Consortium] food for thought, Patrick Shirkey, (Sun Jan 4, 2:55 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Benefit of Compiz to audio work?, Daniel James, (Wed Nov 14, 10:39 am)
Re: [Consortium] Benefit of Compiz to audio work?, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Wed Nov 14, 3:19 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Benefit of Compiz to audio work?, Marc-Olivier Barre, (Wed Nov 14, 10:59 am)
Re: [Consortium] Benefit of Compiz to audio work?, Pieter Palmers, (Mon Nov 12, 5:21 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Benefit of Compiz to audio work?, Marc-Olivier Barre, (Tue Nov 13, 10:05 am)
Re: [Consortium] Misc. updates, Daniel James, (Mon May 15, 2:29 pm)
RE: [Consortium] Misc. updates, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Tue May 16, 11:15 am)
Re: [Consortium] fao Paul White: Letter for publication, Steve Harris, (Tue Jun 21, 2:41 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Re: Linux audio workstations, Andrea Glorioso, (Tue Sep 28, 11:04 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Re: Linux audio workstations, Daniel James, (Wed Sep 29, 3:01 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Re: Linux audio workstations, Andrea Glorioso, (Thu Sep 30, 3:23 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Re: Linux audio workstations, Sili Attila, (Thu Sep 30, 6:54 pm)