Re: [Consortium] csound debian packages on the way

To: Ken Restivo <ken@...>
Cc: <consortium@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 9, 2008 - 7:12 pm

yes, but this version (4.23) is way too old (5 years min) and unsupported.
We are talking here of Csound 5, which is a different beast (in fact
it's a library now...).

Up until now there were only unofficial (and probably dodgy) Csound 5
debian packages. Now with Felipe onboard we have an official and up-to-date
one. Of course, Csound 5 is offered under yum for fedora (from fedora and
planetccrma, which is probably the most up-to-date). I am also in the
process
of becoming a fedora package maintainer, so I hope I'll be able to keep
fedora
updated too (we'll see).

Victor