Re: [Consortium] lau.linuxaudio.org

To: <consortium@...>
Date: Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 2:27 am

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C89CEC.4FFFACB0

There may be some misunderstanding about this. Lao is not opposed to listing
anyone on the linuxaudio.org site but in return we ask that your project
joins linuxaudio.org as that is how we can increase our own support and
consequently leverage for the overall linux audio community. Linuxaudio.org
hopes to unite all linux audio efforts (or perhaps I should say linux
multimedia efforts as some of our members' software tools go beyond aural)
but it does so in a true spirit of the FOSS doctrine. All linux audio (FOSS
or not) projects are welcome to join but we obviously cannot force anyone to
do so, yet we would very much like to have all become a part of the
consortium. Please note that we judge membership eligibility solely based on
the project's relevance to our mission rather than its choice of license,
meaning any linux multimedia project who wishes to join is eligible whether
that be a project by a corporation or an independent FOSS developer.

That being said, if for whatever reason you've joined the consortium and we
have not listed you on the members list I sincerely apologize for that and I
can assure you we will make every effort to remedy this asap.

As for the main news announcements we try our best to monitor la* lists for
announcements and post them there. However, given that the webmaster (as all
of us at lao are) is a volunteer, sometimes these things are posted with a
bit of delay.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.