[Consortium] Canorus status update (V0.6/0.7)

Previous message: [thread] [date] [author]
Next message: [thread] [date] [author]
To: <consortium@...>
Date: Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 8:16 pm

Hi,

It's been a while since we did some status update. The project is running well
though my own time frame is extremely tight in the last an the coming weeks. We
had some nice summer time in Slovenia, details about this on out Wiki:

http://canorus.org

In October I made some progress on the current export / printing to PDF
issues I encountered. Also many other things are being improved for the
coming release. Our release plan is for early 2009 thereby skipping version
0.6 the current development. My hope is that we can release some kind of
alpha/beta in november.

To sum up the features we work currently on (or are already finished):
- Printing (via SVG currently using lilypond backend, poppler is too much
troublesome in this regard)
- Print preview (PDF via SVG lilypond backend)
- Midi input (note entry via midi keyboard)
- Export to PDF and SVG
- Transposition
- Dialog for keyboard settings (both midi and normal keyboard are planned)
- Settings for printing and preview
- new resourse subsystem so resources (images/sound) can be added to a score
document
- finally we have tuplet/triplet support!
- PPA Interface (for CLI and (python) plugins) is making progress

On the bad side: Ruby support is currently broken
A beta version will surely have printing support in a simple way but the
settings are something I will start working on after that first.

Any question/help offers (we still search for active developers especially
on non-Linux platforms like Mac or BSD) are welcome! Please contact as on
our Canorus development mailing list if you are interested.

Kind regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
Software-Engineer, Developer of User Interfaces
Project: Canorus - the next generation music score editor -
http://canorus.berlios.de
GnuPG Public Key available on request
_______________________________________________
Consortium mailing list
Consortium@lists.linuxaudio.org
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/mailman/listinfo/consortium

Previous message: [thread] [date] [author]
Next message: [thread] [date] [author]

Messages in current thread:
[Consortium] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org, Daniel James, (Thu Jan 22, 5:30 pm)
[Consortium] Sounds Expo, Daniel James, (Wed Dec 22, 1:08 am)
[Consortium] Fwd: RE: mLAN on Linux, Daniel James, (Thu Jun 23, 4:26 pm)
RE: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, ico, (Mon Mar 20, 10:34 pm)
RE: [Consortium] Logo update, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sun May 21, 1:49 am)
[Consortium] dyne:bolic in Sound on Sound, August issue, Daniel James, (Fri Jul 21, 3:02 pm)
[Consortium] [ANN] FreeBoB: libfreebob-1.0.7 released, Pieter Palmers, (Thu Nov 29, 9:53 am)
[Consortium] Flagship Midas console runs Linux, Daniel James, (Wed Feb 6, 12:36 pm)
[Consortium] BEAST on linuxaudio.org, Stefan Westerfeld, (Wed Mar 12, 3:38 pm)
[Consortium] Hoping to be member of the Linuxaudio.org conso..., Ismael Valladolid Torres, (Wed Jul 23, 8:41 am)
[Consortium] Canorus status update (V0.6/0.7), Reinhard Katzmann, (Thu Oct 30, 8:16 pm)
[Consortium] Linux Audio Awards 2009: Attn Sponsors!!!, Patrick Shirkey, (Mon Jan 26, 6:08 am)
[Consortium] lau.linuxaudio.org redirect, Robin Gareus, (Sun Apr 22, 11:52 am)
Re: [Consortium] Hoping to be member of the Linuxaudio.org c..., Ismael Valladolid Torres, (Sat Nov 15, 12:40 pm)
[Consortium] unsubscribe, Andy Escobar, (Mon Mar 17, 5:42 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Flagship Midas console runs Linux, Fons Adriaensen, (Wed Feb 6, 12:49 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Flagship Midas console runs Linux, Daniel James, (Wed Feb 6, 1:29 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Flagship Midas console runs Linux, Fons Adriaensen, (Thu Feb 7, 12:20 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Flagship Midas console runs Linux, Joern Nettingsmeier, (Thu Feb 7, 2:24 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Flagship Midas console runs Linux, Fons Adriaensen, (Thu Feb 7, 3:19 pm)
RE: [Consortium] dyne:bolic in Sound on Sound, August issue, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Fri Jul 21, 9:30 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Logo update, Thorsten Wilms, (Sun May 21, 6:11 pm)
RE: [Consortium] Logo update, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sun May 21, 11:57 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Logo update, Dave Phillips, (Sun May 21, 6:21 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Logo update, Thorsten Wilms, (Sun May 21, 6:42 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Logo update, Dave Phillips, (Sun May 21, 6:46 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Logo update, Thorsten Wilms, (Sun May 21, 3:15 pm)
RE: [Consortium] Logo update, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sun May 21, 11:48 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Logo update, Thorsten Wilms, (Mon May 22, 12:17 am)
RE: [Consortium] Logo update, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon May 22, 8:47 pm)
RE: [Consortium] Logo update, Jan Depner, (Tue May 23, 4:59 am)
Re: [Consortium] Logo update, Thorsten Wilms, (Mon May 22, 6:59 pm)
RE: [Consortium] Logo update, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon May 22, 8:56 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Logo update, Dave Phillips, (Mon May 22, 9:11 pm)
RE: [Consortium] Logo update, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Tue May 23, 4:39 am)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Patrick Shirkey, (Tue Mar 21, 10:47 am)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Patrick Shirkey, (Tue Mar 21, 5:41 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Chris Cannam, (Tue Mar 21, 10:32 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Daniel James, (Tue Mar 21, 11:51 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Dana Olson, (Tue Mar 21, 6:42 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Patrick Shirkey, (Tue Mar 21, 9:38 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Patrick Shirkey, (Wed Mar 22, 6:08 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Daniel James, (Thu Mar 23, 9:03 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Patrick Shirkey, (Wed Mar 22, 12:08 am)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Thorsten Wilms, (Wed Mar 22, 12:53 am)
Re: [Consortium] Fwd: RE: mLAN on Linux, Steve Harris, (Thu Jun 23, 4:39 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Fwd: RE: mLAN on Linux, Daniel James, (Thu Jun 23, 4:53 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Sounds Expo, Daniel James, (Sat Jan 8, 6:08 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Sounds Expo, Steve Harris, (Sat Jan 8, 6:33 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org, Dave Phillips, (Thu Jan 22, 7:13 pm)
[Consortium] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org, Marek Peteraj, (Fri Jan 23, 11:20 pm)