It's been a while since we did some status update. The project is running well
though my own time frame is extremely tight in the last an the coming weeks. We
had some nice summer time in Slovenia, details about this on out Wiki:
In October I made some progress on the current export / printing to PDF
issues I encountered. Also many other things are being improved for the
coming release. Our release plan is for early 2009 thereby skipping version
0.6 the current development. My hope is that we can release some kind of
alpha/beta in november.
To sum up the features we work currently on (or are already finished):
- Printing (via SVG currently using lilypond backend, poppler is too much
troublesome in this regard)
- Print preview (PDF via SVG lilypond backend)
- Midi input (note entry via midi keyboard)
- Export to PDF and SVG
- Dialog for keyboard settings (both midi and normal keyboard are planned)
- Settings for printing and preview
- new resourse subsystem so resources (images/sound) can be added to a score
- finally we have tuplet/triplet support!
- PPA Interface (for CLI and (python) plugins) is making progress
On the bad side: Ruby support is currently broken
A beta version will surely have printing support in a simple way but the
settings are something I will start working on after that first.
Any question/help offers (we still search for active developers especially
on non-Linux platforms like Mac or BSD) are welcome! Please contact as on
our Canorus development mailing list if you are interested.
Software-Engineer, Developer of User Interfaces
Project: Canorus - the next generation music score editor -
GnuPG Public Key available on request
Consortium mailing list