[Consortium] delta 44 and digital mixer

Previous message: [thread] [date] [author]
Next message: [thread] [date] [author]
To: <consortium@...>
Date: Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 11:40 pm

Hi...I have an M-Audio Delta 44 and am wondering if there's a way to
configure alsa/asoundrc so all audio is piped out via its internal
digital mixer, as opposed to PCM 1 and 2, an example: While skype can
use hardware inputs 1 or 2, if there is audio coming in on inputs 3
and 4, the audio for 3 and 4 is not sent through skype. Under Windows
various apps have the ability to choose which ins/outs to use,
including the use of the internal digital mixer. I can then have all 4
hardware inputs simultaneously being heard/sent over skype in Windows,
or dsp plugin in winamp.
I don't know if this is a lack of configuration, or driver limitation
in ice1712. I'm trying to achieve the same functionality under linux
as I do in Windows.

Also, would I need a sound server like jackd to achieve this
functionality? Currently I use dmix plugin in .asoundrc, but this
doesn't help with what I'm trying to do above.

.asoundrc:

pcm.amix {
type dmix
ipc_key 50557
slave {
pcm "hw:0,0"
period_time 0
period_size 8192
buffer_size 8192
}
bindings {
0 0
1 1
2 2
3 3
}
}

# route ALSA software through pcm.amix
pcm.!default {
type plug
slave.pcm "amix"
}

pcm.dsp0 {
type plug
slave.pcm "amix"
}
ctl.mixer0 {
type hw
card 0
}
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linux kernel 2.6.23 vanilla with alsa.

--
aRDy Music and Rick Dicaire present:
http://www.ardynet.com
http://www.ardynet.com:9000/ardymusic.ogg.m3u

Previous message: [thread] [date] [author]
Next message: [thread] [date] [author]

Messages in current thread:
[Consortium] Fwd: Re: linuxaudio.org and GStreamer, Daniel James, (Wed Jan 21, 4:41 pm)
[Consortium] household appliance pc, jaromil, (Thu Aug 12, 12:29 am)
[Consortium] Publicity etc..., Daniel James, (Thu Sep 16, 4:19 pm)
[Consortium] Re: Linux @ Sounds Expo, Daniel James, (Mon Dec 13, 11:28 pm)
[Consortium] Sounds Expo 2006, Daniel James, (Thu Sep 8, 8:17 pm)
[Consortium] [Fwd] Top Ten Open Source Projects, jaromil, (Tue Jan 10, 5:04 am)
[Consortium] Call for project updates, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sat May 13, 4:22 am)
[Consortium] On vacation, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Tue Jun 20, 8:37 pm)
[Consortium] Re: [LAU] Categorizing Ladspa plugins?, Fons Adriaensen, (Mon Aug 27, 3:55 pm)
[Consortium] JackLab shipping with VST support?, Cory K., (Tue Sep 18, 3:43 pm)
[Consortium] delta 44 and digital mixer, R Dicaire, (Sun Nov 11, 11:40 pm)
[Consortium] [RELEASE] jack-audio-connection-kit 0.109.0, Pieter Palmers, (Mon Jan 14, 7:24 pm)
[Consortium] FW: [LAA] FOMS2009 Call for Participation, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sun Jun 15, 4:56 pm)
[Consortium] linuxaudio.org, Robin Gareus, (Sat Oct 25, 9:40 am)
Re: [Consortium] Affiliation of linuxaudio.org?, Daniel James, (Tue Nov 11, 11:26 am)
[Consortium] Happy New Year, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Thu Jan 1, 3:38 pm)
[Consortium] LAC2009 update, Fons Adriaensen, (Mon Mar 9, 9:06 pm)
[Consortium] LAC2009 countdown, Fons Adriaensen, (Tue Apr 14, 3:44 pm)
[Consortium] A New Blender Open Movie project : Durian, Marc-Olivier Barre, (Fri Jun 12, 12:25 pm)
[Consortium] jack_capture problem, Roman Garifullin, (Sat Sep 12, 10:17 pm)
[Consortium] this past weekend's linuxaudio.org downtime, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon Oct 12, 4:23 pm)
Re: [Consortium] [LAA] Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon Nov 16, 6:11 pm)
[Consortium] server issues, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Wed Feb 10, 3:59 pm)
[Consortium] Composition Competition, Marc Groenewegen, (Fri Apr 2, 10:39 am)
[Consortium] L2Ork North Carolina Mini-Tour, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon Sep 20, 4:04 pm)
[Consortium] Best wishes for the Holidays, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sat Dec 25, 6:21 pm)
[Consortium] new Hydrogen-music.org site, thijs van severen, (Wed May 4, 10:31 am)
[Consortium] netbook recommendation, peiman khosravi, (Sun Sep 25, 3:44 pm)
[Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Sat Apr 7, 11:38 pm)
[Consortium] wiki.LAO - lockdown to registered users, Robin Gareus, (Tue Jul 17, 4:55 pm)
[Consortium] Archival of Audio Distributions - Hall of Fame, Patrick Shirkey, (Tue Sep 11, 4:10 am)
[Consortium] linuxaudio.org scheduled maintanance, Robin Gareus, (Tue Jan 8, 9:48 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Membership?, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon Feb 11, 3:40 am)
[Consortium] FW: audio format, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Tue May 28, 4:13 am)
[Consortium] Linuxaudio.org server admin, Ivica Bukvic, (Fri Oct 25, 11:18 pm)
[Consortium] , Badoo, (Mon Nov 11, 11:34 am)
Re: [Consortium] wiki.LAO - lockdown to registered users, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Tue Jul 17, 6:19 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Jörn Nettingsmeier, (Sun Apr 8, 1:16 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Sun Apr 8, 1:39 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sun Apr 8, 1:29 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Mon Apr 9, 10:16 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Wed Apr 11, 3:24 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Sun Apr 15, 12:36 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Robin Gareus, (Thu Apr 19, 7:57 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Thu Apr 19, 11:40 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Fri Apr 20, 12:58 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Fri Apr 20, 1:49 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Fri Apr 20, 3:51 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Fri Apr 20, 4:41 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Aymeric Mansoux, (Fri Apr 20, 8:10 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Fri Apr 20, 8:37 am)
Re: [Consortium] Advertising Policy - linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Sun Apr 8, 1:43 am)
Re: [Consortium] netbook recommendation, Rafael Vega, (Sun Sep 25, 4:19 pm)
Re: [Consortium] netbook recommendation, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon Sep 26, 1:23 pm)
Re: [Consortium] server issues, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Wed Feb 10, 4:32 pm)
Re: [Consortium] [LAD] this past weekend's linuxaudio.org do..., Marc-Olivier Barre, (Tue Oct 13, 2:38 pm)
Re: [Consortium] [LAD] this past weekend's linuxaudio.org do..., Jörn Nettingsmeier, (Mon Oct 12, 11:55 pm)
[Consortium] fwd: Re: jack_capture problem, Patrick Shirkey, (Sat Sep 12, 11:26 pm)
Re: [Consortium] fwd: Re: jack_capture problem, Daniel James, (Mon Sep 14, 9:49 am)
Re: [Consortium] A New Blender Open Movie project : Durian, Jörn Nettingsmeier, (Sun Jun 14, 8:50 pm)
Re: [Consortium] A New Blender Open Movie project : Durian, Marc-Olivier Barre, (Mon Jun 15, 9:15 am)
Re: [Consortium] A New Blender Open Movie project : Durian, Marc-Olivier Barre, (Tue Jun 16, 8:43 am)
Re: [Consortium] A New Blender Open Movie project : Durian, Marc-Olivier Barre, (Wed Jun 17, 10:12 am)
Re: [Consortium] A New Blender Open Movie project : Durian, Fons Adriaensen, (Sun Jun 14, 9:20 pm)
Re: [Consortium] linuxaudio.org, Burkhard Ritter, (Sat Oct 25, 1:25 pm)
Re: [Consortium] [LAU] linuxaudio.org, Thorsten Wilms, (Sat Oct 25, 10:34 am)
Re: [Consortium] [LAD] linuxaudio.org, Robin Gareus, (Sat Oct 25, 1:17 pm)
Re: [Consortium] [LAD] linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Mon Oct 27, 3:39 am)
Re: [Consortium] [LAD] linuxaudio.org, Robin Gareus, (Mon Oct 27, 4:10 pm)
Re: [Consortium] [LAD] linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Tue Oct 28, 2:41 am)
Re: [Consortium] [LAD] linuxaudio.org, Robin Gareus, (Tue Oct 28, 10:50 am)
Re: [Consortium] [LAD] linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Tue Oct 28, 11:09 am)
Re: [Consortium] [LAD] linuxaudio.org, Robin Gareus, (Tue Oct 28, 12:49 pm)
Re: [Consortium] [LAD] linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Thu Oct 30, 5:10 am)
Re: [Consortium] [LAD] linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Tue Oct 28, 4:14 am)
Re: [Consortium] [LAD] linuxaudio.org, Robin Gareus, (Tue Oct 28, 11:07 am)
Re: [Consortium] [LAD] linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Tue Oct 28, 11:21 am)
Re: [Consortium] [LAD] linuxaudio.org, Patrick Shirkey, (Mon Oct 27, 4:50 am)
Re: [Consortium] [LAU] linuxaudio.org, Burkhard Ritter, (Sat Oct 25, 1:13 pm)
Re: [Consortium] delta 44 and digital mixer, Daniel James, (Wed Nov 14, 10:12 am)
Re: [Consortium] JackLab shipping with VST support?, Bob Farrell, (Wed Sep 19, 10:35 pm)
Re: [Consortium] JackLab shipping with VST support?, Daniel James, (Wed Sep 19, 9:02 am)
[Consortium] Funding option, Patrick Shirkey, (Thu Jun 22, 5:23 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Funding option, Dave Phillips, (Thu Jun 22, 5:34 pm)
RE: [Consortium] Funding option, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon Aug 7, 5:16 am)
Re: [Consortium] Funding option, Patrick Shirkey, (Mon Aug 7, 2:30 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Call for project updates, Daniel Wagner, (Mon May 29, 1:27 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Call for project updates, Pieter Palmers, (Mon May 29, 1:39 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Call for project updates, Jan Depner, (Mon May 29, 2:03 am)
Re: [Consortium] Call for project updates, Reinhard, (Mon May 29, 1:08 am)
Re: [Consortium] Call for project updates, Daniel James, (Fri May 19, 5:11 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Call for project updates, Patrick Shirkey, (Fri May 19, 3:44 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Publicity etc..., Andrea Glorioso, (Thu Sep 16, 8:15 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Publicity etc..., Daniel James, (Fri Sep 17, 2:33 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Publicity etc..., jaromil, (Fri Sep 17, 4:49 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Publicity etc..., Daniel James, (Fri Sep 17, 6:07 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Publicity etc..., Andrea Glorioso, (Tue Sep 28, 11:03 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Publicity etc..., Andrea Glorioso, (Fri Sep 17, 4:32 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Publicity etc..., jaromil, (Fri Sep 17, 6:54 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Publicity etc..., Daniel James, (Sun Sep 19, 3:44 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Publicity etc..., jaromil, (Mon Sep 20, 4:57 am)
Re: [Consortium] Publicity etc..., Daniel James, (Mon Sep 20, 1:47 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Publicity etc..., Daniel James, (Fri Sep 17, 5:59 pm)
Re: [Consortium] household appliance pc, Daniel James, (Thu Aug 12, 2:33 pm)