[Consortium] Re: [Swami-devel] Re: [Linuxsampler-devel] Re: linuxsampler and oneshotsampler

Previous message: [thread] [date] [author]
Next message: [thread] [date] [author]
To: <bluefuture@...>
Cc: <linuxsampler-devel@...>, <consortium@...>, Mark Knecht <markknecht@...>, <swami-devel@...>, <webmaster@...>
Date: Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 5:08 am

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 21:59 +0100, Bluefuture wrote:

> Probably there is only need the hard disk space for uploading samples, the better choice

Here is a link to a preview of the instrument database I am working on:
http://patches.resonance.org/patches.py

Its not quite yet ready, but it will give you an idea of whats in store.
It should work with GigaSampler at this point, but I haven't thoroughly
tested it yet.

I was thinking that bittorrent would probably not be ideal for an
instrument database. This is because generally its a lot of downloads
spread over a wide selection of files. bittorrent seems more useful for
the case when there is a new release of a large file that gets hammered,
but as the file becomes less popular the number of sources diminishes
drastically as users close their clients. I was thinking of using the
edonkey network for this reason in addition to WWW/FTP mirrors (rsynced
nightly).

Resonance Instrument Database features (some still in the works):
- ed2k links for the edonkey network
- All files compressed with CRAM (Compress hybRid Audio Media)
http://swami.sourceforge.net/cram.php
- rating/comment system
- instrument/sample information imported directly from patch files
- preview instruments using ogg streaming and a form for sending MIDI
notes (GStreamer media server using FluidSynth or other soft synth)

Not sure what kind of collaboration would make sense, but I'm open to
ideas. Cheers.
Josh Green

Previous message: [thread] [date] [author]
Next message: [thread] [date] [author]

Messages in current thread:
[Consortium] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org, Andrea Glorioso, (Thu Jan 22, 5:35 am)
[Consortium] Re: Linux @ Sounds Expo, Daniel James, (Wed Dec 22, 12:52 am)
[Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sat Mar 18, 12:06 am)
Re: [Consortium] Logo update, Thorsten Wilms, (Sat May 13, 6:36 pm)
[Consortium] dyne:bolic 2.1 codename DHORUBA, jaromil, (Thu Jul 13, 6:12 pm)
[Consortium] Csound 5.07 released, Victor Lazzarini, (Fri Oct 12, 8:55 am)
[Consortium] [ANN] FreeBoB: libfreebob-1.0.7 released, Pieter Palmers, (Thu Nov 29, 9:51 am)
[Consortium] Jack compiling + alsa, , (Fri Jan 25, 10:14 pm)
[Consortium] Fwd: a little surprise found on your site., Thorsten Wilms, (Sat Jul 12, 7:52 am)
[Consortium] Sponsors for prizes, Patrick Shirkey, (Thu Oct 30, 6:19 am)
[Consortium] Need hardware and software sugestions, Andres Blanco, (Tue Jan 20, 10:30 pm)
[Consortium] introducing l2ork, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Fri Oct 23, 6:52 pm)
[Consortium] L2Ork Debut Performance at Virginia Tech, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Fri Nov 27, 3:56 pm)
[Consortium] Announcing new Linuxaudio.org consortium members, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon Jan 25, 6:24 pm)
[Consortium] The LAC Times Edition #2, Marc Groenewegen, (Sat Apr 3, 3:43 pm)
[Consortium] FW: Audio article, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sat Oct 16, 5:26 pm)
Re: [Consortium] [LAU] Protest, Jeremy Jongepier, (Tue Jan 17, 10:57 pm)
[Consortium] linuxaudiojournal.com, Patrick Shirkey, (Sat Apr 21, 3:25 am)
Re: [Consortium] [LAU] Protest, Robin Gareus, (Thu Jan 19, 12:20 am)
Re: [Consortium] [LAU] Protest, Jeremy Jongepier, (Thu Jan 19, 8:41 am)
[Consortium] LAC 2010 program is online !, Marc Groenewegen, (Mon Apr 19, 3:59 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Need hardware and software sugestions, Jörn Nettingsmeier, (Tue Jan 20, 11:49 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Need hardware and software sugestions, Daniel James, (Wed Jan 21, 10:16 am)
Re: [Consortium] Sponsors for prizes, Pieter Palmers, (Thu Oct 30, 8:28 am)
Re: [Consortium] Sponsors for prizes, Patrick Shirkey, (Thu Oct 30, 8:52 am)
Re: [Consortium] Jack compiling + alsa, Esben Stien, (Tue Mar 4, 4:05 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Jack compiling + alsa, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Sat Jan 26, 12:26 am)
Re: [Consortium] Jack compiling + alsa, Esben Stien, (Tue Mar 4, 4:04 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Jack compiling + alsa, jaromil, (Mon Jan 28, 7:30 am)
Re: [Consortium] Jack compiling + alsa, Daniel James, (Mon Jan 28, 10:14 am)
Re: [Consortium] Logo update, Patrick Shirkey, (Sun May 14, 2:55 am)
RE: [Consortium] Logo update, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Tue May 16, 11:14 am)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Richard Bown, (Mon Mar 20, 5:12 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Steve Harris, (Mon Mar 20, 5:20 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Dana Olson, (Mon Mar 20, 5:16 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Daniel James, (Mon Mar 20, 6:05 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Robin Millette, (Mon Mar 20, 6:21 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Daniel James, (Mon Mar 20, 7:57 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Steve Harris, (Mon Mar 20, 9:04 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Daniel James, (Tue Mar 21, 4:02 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Steve Harris, (Tue Mar 21, 4:38 pm)
Re: [Consortium] re: Linuxaudio.org updates, Robin Millette, (Mon Mar 20, 8:38 pm)
[Consortium] Re: [Swami-devel] Re: [Linuxsampler-devel] Re: ..., Josh Green, (Sat Mar 19, 5:08 am)
[Consortium] Re: [Linuxsampler-devel] Re: linuxsampler and o..., Christian Schoenebeck, (Sat Mar 19, 4:13 am)