Re: [Consortium] Wider scope for linuxaudio.org: home audio

Previous message: [thread] [date] [author]
Next message: [thread] [date] [author]
To: <consortium@...>
Date: Saturday, January 8, 2005 - 5:37 pm

Hi Andreas,

> There exists a rapidly growing market of digital home audio

Of course, there's nothing to stop members collaborating on 'home
audio' projects. The first clause of the policy is:

'The aim of the Linuxaudio.org consortium is to promote and enable the
use of Linux kernel based systems for professional audio use.'

http://www.linuxaudio.org/en/policy.html

Now, if you are a product designer or software engineer, creating a
home audio device for the consumer market, then arguably the design
and integration process counts as professional use.

With libre software, there is no firm line between programs that
professionals use and programs that amateurs (in the best sense of
the word) use, since the usual barriers to entry don't exist - except
perhaps in application scope and complexity. And content creators
also need playback tools.

Do you think there are any specific projects that should be members of
linuxaudio.org in order to better address the 'home audio' market? We
already have members working in relevant areas, including ALSA,
Gstreamer, MandrakeSoft and Xiph.org. An embedded system developer,
maybe?

Cheers

Daniel

Previous message: [thread] [date] [author]
Next message: [thread] [date] [author]

Messages in current thread:
[Consortium] Wider scope for linuxaudio.org: home audio, Andreas Kuckartz, (Fri Jan 7, 8:52 pm)
[Consortium] Re: linuxsampler and oneshotsampler, Juhana Sadeharju, (Tue Mar 29, 11:26 pm)
[Consortium] New members and other stuff, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Wed Jun 29, 12:35 am)
Re: [Consortium] Re: Streetfiresound RBX 1600, Daniel James, (Tue Aug 23, 3:51 pm)
[Consortium] Linuxaudio.org announces new members, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon Aug 7, 3:17 am)
[Consortium] job opportunity, Victor Lazzarini, (Fri Dec 7, 1:30 pm)
Re: [Consortium] [LAU] new! linuxmusicians.com, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon Apr 7, 6:53 pm)
Re: [Consortium] [LAU] First release of jkmeter, Fons Adriaensen, (Sun Aug 3, 7:38 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Affiliation of linuxaudio.org?, Daniel James, (Fri Oct 31, 9:56 am)
Re: [Consortium] Affiliation of linuxaudio.org?, Daniel James, (Wed Nov 19, 11:40 am)
[Consortium] Linux Audio Awards : postponed to 2010, Patrick Shirkey, (Tue Feb 3, 9:22 am)
[Consortium] Membership request, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas, (Wed Dec 2, 11:59 am)
[Consortium] We're back online !, Marc-Olivier Barre, (Thu Apr 22, 8:02 pm)
Re: [Consortium] .com domain name, Patrick Shirkey, (Mon Apr 23, 11:07 am)
Re: [Consortium] Linuxaudio.org announces new members, Daniel James, (Mon Aug 7, 10:46 pm)
RE: [Consortium] Linuxaudio.org announces new members, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Mon Aug 7, 11:49 pm)
Re: [Consortium] problem about inclusion of Ubuntu, Daniel James, (Tue Mar 28, 7:50 pm)
RE: [Consortium] problem about inclusion of Ubuntu, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Tue Mar 28, 11:12 pm)
Re: [Consortium] problem about inclusion of Ubuntu, Daniel James, (Tue Mar 28, 11:27 pm)
RE: [Consortium] problem about inclusion of Ubuntu, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Tue Mar 28, 11:43 pm)
Re: [Consortium] problem about inclusion of Ubuntu, Daniel James, (Tue Mar 28, 11:53 pm)
RE: [Consortium] problem about inclusion of Ubuntu, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Wed Mar 29, 1:59 am)
Re: [Consortium] problem about inclusion of Ubuntu, Steve Harris, (Thu Mar 30, 3:53 pm)
RE: [Consortium] problem about inclusion of Ubuntu, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Thu Mar 30, 11:55 pm)
RE: [Consortium] problem about inclusion of Ubuntu, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Fri Mar 31, 10:42 pm)
Re: [Consortium] problem about inclusion of Ubuntu, Daniel James, (Sat Apr 1, 4:02 pm)
[Consortium] logo - round three, Patrick Shirkey, (Tue Apr 4, 11:49 pm)
Re: [Consortium] logo - round three, Thorsten Wilms, (Wed Apr 5, 12:34 am)
Re: [Consortium] logo - round three, Patrick Shirkey, (Wed Apr 5, 1:42 am)
RE: [Consortium] logo - round three, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Wed Apr 5, 2:02 am)
Re: [Consortium] logo - round three, Patrick Shirkey, (Wed Apr 5, 4:38 am)
Re: [Consortium] logo - round three, Dana Olson, (Wed Apr 5, 2:40 pm)
RE: [Consortium] logo - round three, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Thu Apr 6, 1:08 am)
RE: [Consortium] logo - round three, Ivica Ico Bukvic, (Thu Apr 6, 2:04 am)
Re: [Consortium] logo - round three, Steve Harris, (Wed Apr 5, 4:58 pm)
Re: [Consortium] logo - round three, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki, (Thu Apr 6, 11:59 am)
Re: [Consortium] problem about inclusion of Ubuntu, Dave Phillips, (Wed Mar 29, 12:15 am)
Re: [Consortium] New members and other stuff, Daniel James, (Wed Jun 29, 1:50 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Re: linuxsampler and oneshotsampler, Paul Winkler, (Wed Mar 30, 11:52 pm)
Re: [Consortium] Wider scope for linuxaudio.org: home audio, Daniel James, (Sat Jan 8, 5:37 pm)