Re: [Consortium] Meeting at Karlsruhe

To: <consortium@...>
Date: Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 9:17 pm

> I'm not personally bothered which country that linuxaudio.org is
> registered in, but I now recall that I have a contact which
> provides low cost legal advice for not-for-profits here:

> http://interchange.org.uk/legal/

> I'll ask them what they think.

That's a good idea, thank you!

> The Agnula project is going through a similar process of formal
> registration, and I've suggested to Andrea Glorioso that we work
> together on this to reduce duplicated bureaucratic overhead,
> since the aims of both entities are very similar.

Just to be precise: it's not AGNULA that is going to be formally
registered anywhere. What we (I, some past members of the former
AGNULA Consortium, other volunteers) are going to do is create a
separate entity which will have, amongst its "social goals", the
promotion of Free Software in the audio/video domain. Of course, the
AGNULA project will probably be one of the main beneficiaries of this
entity, at least in the start; but the idea is that we should be able
to fund and/or help any other group or person we deem valuable and
works with/for Free Software in the audio/video domain.

If AGNULA disappears and/or becomes clearly obsoleted with regards to
other (similar) projects, then we want this entity to be able to
continue its existence.

As per avoid duplication I'd agree - the main problem I see in this
moment is the different stance the Linuxaudio.org consortium and the
wannabe "agnulesque" entity seem to have with regards to Free vs
proprietary Software.

bye,

--
Andrea Glorioso andrea.glorioso@agnula.org