Re: [Consortium] Linuxaudio.org Management Board

To: Jan Depner <eviltwin69@...>
Cc: Paul Davis <paul@...>, Benno Senoner <sbenno@...>, Len Moskowitz <vze24hrw@...>, Duval <gduval@...>, Dominic Mazzoni <dominic@...>, Jaroslav Kysela <perex@...>, <consortium@...>, 4Front Technologies <dev@...>
Date: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 7:03 pm

> I agree that many organizations can't/won't sign up to that
> restriction. I would think that we're probably only talking
> about copyright infringement (including GPL issues), and patent
> infringement.

The original proposal (by me) simply covered the ability to reverse
engineer proprietary applications/formats, and having some sort of
guarantee that this wouldn't result in a member suing another one.

All of the objections that have been made seem quite reasonable to me
and I've got no problem in concluding that the proposal is simply not
feasible. But the original proposal was much more focused (because I
do know that it's simply impossible reaching any kind of consensus
otherwise).

P.S.: I'm keeping the Cc: list because I don't know how many of the
listed recipients are actually subscribed to the mailing list.

bye,

andrea