Re: [Consortium] LAD

From: iriXx <m@...>
To: Marek Peteraj <marpet@...>
Cc: <consortium@...>
Date: Sunday, February 1, 2004 - 12:50 am

Marek Peteraj wrote:

>>when the new LAD site is up, i will suggest LAUD as the new

and me.

Marek, did you actually read my story of my experiences of being snubbed
when i had a female name on LAD?

what you're missing is the connotations in modern British and American
usage of the word Lad as an obnoxious lout. the OED usage has long died
out.

think yob - drunken, lecherous louts who treat women as objects. do a
google search for 'laddish culture' and you'll find out what i mean. it
was all the vogue in Britain in the mid-90s, and we women had to suffer
- unless we chose to lose our self respect and become 'laddettes' - the
female equivalent, girls who will drink themselves into embarrassment
and then sleep with anyone or anything with legs.

if English isn't your first language, the OED won't give you the
connotations of this word as its used today.

m~

--
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

--Benjamin Franklin

ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ HTTP 503: Too Busy

.::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.