CALL FOR MUSICIANS
If you are a musician and interested in Free Software, the Beast project
needs your input. You can contribute with testing, feature feedback,
demos and tutorials. Please see our website: http://beast.testbit.eu/
BEAST version 0.8.0 is available for download at:
This release opens a new development branch which focuses on improving
interoperability and feature integration. A new dependency on Rapicorn
is introduced, which can be found here:
This is a development version of BEAST/BSE, the Better Audio System
and the Better Sound Engine. BEAST is a powerful music composition
and modular synthesis application released as Free Software under the
GNU LGPL that runs under Unix. The "Better" portion of the name
refers to the complexity and many iterations involved in implementing
such a "BEAST" (pun intended). The About page covers more details:
Contact information about mailing lists, IRC, Bugzilla and more is at:
TRANSLATORS: Please help us to improve the BEAST translation, just
download the tarball, edit po/.po and email it to us or
submit translations directly via transifex:
Overview of Changes in BEAST/BSE 0.8.0: (2013-03-25)
* Added use of the Rapicorn library, require version 13.0.0.
* Adapted IDL types to other projects.
* Adapted code to make use of C++11 and STL threads.
* Various performance improvements through EventFD, Spinlocks, lambdas, etc.
* Major documentation improvements, see: http://dev.testbit.eu/beast/latest/
* Fixed printf format-security issues (#665097). [Alessio Treglia]
* Lots of code cleanups, licensing cleanups.
http://timj.testbit.eu/ - Free software Author
Linux-audio-announce mailing list