Spring is nigh.
Qtractor 0.5.8 (india romeo) is out, singing a serenade...
Nothing but the change-log (see below:))
Enjoy && lots of fun.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 12.3):
- binary packages (openSUSE 12.3):
- quick start guide & user manual:
Weblog (upstream support):
Qtractor is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms
of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
- Dropped old audio ramping spin-locks as its glitching reduction
weren't that effective anymore.
- Audio bus and track gain may now be set for amplification again, from
+0dB up to +6dB, while using the Mixer strip sliders/faders (an old
function found missing ever since pre-TYOQA).
- Basic LV2 X11 UI support has been added through libSUIL but only
really effective if plugins doesn't support the LV2 External UI
extension in addition which takes precedence on any case.
- Improved precision tolerance on the Tempo Map / Markers dialog.
- Reinstated and fixed (old) warning and impending re-conversion on
loading session files which the original sample-rate differs from
current audio device engine (aka. JACK).
- LV2 Plugin State/Preset name discrimination fix (after a ticket by
Jiri Prochaszka aka. Anchakor, thanks:)
- Linked/ref-counted audio clips must not overlap and now must have a
buffer-size worth of a gap between each other.
- Something fishy has been detected in the SSE (not so) optimized code
from SoundTouch's-inspired WSOLA time-stretching.
- Splitting clips apart is now easier than ever: a brand new entry
enters the main menu scene: Edit/Split (Ctrl+Y) splits up clips
according to current range/rectangular selection.
- Audio clip offsets are now properly corrected when time-stretching is
applied via Shift/Ctrl+dragging any of the clip edges.
- One semi-colon typo was hiding proper descrimination of peak files
used to draw distinct waveforms of time-stretched audio clips.
- Track automation curves are now also affected by Edit/Insert/Range
- Finally, some visual feedback is shown while audio track export is
running, in he form of a main status progress bar.
- New user option: save backup versions of existing session files.
- Default session directory now set to regular file's path on load.
- A convenient minimum slack duration has been fixed for MIDI SysEx
- LV2 Time/position information is now asynchronously fed back into
their parameter (control input) ports when designated.
- LV2 State is now properly restored for plugins inserted on buses,
probably solving the Calf Fluidsynth SoundFont information missing on
buses ticket, reported by Albert Graef, thanks.
- Fixed an immediate null pointer crash on creating a parentless new
group while on the files organizer widget.
- Preparations for future Qt5 migration.
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
Linux-audio-announce mailing list