MusE 2.1 Jan 06, 2013
Happy new year everybody and happy new MusE release!
We've tried hard to break tradition and release somewhat quicker than
what we usually been able to.
So without further ado, here we are with a shiny 2.1 release.
Assortment of topics worked on this time around are:
* Native VST support, first drop: effect rack isn't supported yet and
some synths are misbehaving a bit but it should be usable.
* New type of drum track with easier instrument handling
* Improved Wave Editor.
* Improved midi import/export
* Longtime wierdness in MusE, song-type is finally removed
* Improved: Deicsonze soft synthesizer: Fixed crash, bugs, added ladspa plugins
* Added: Request from forums: Auto-start Jack upon MusE startup.
Command-line disable switch -J added
* Added aftertouch controller handling
* Piano KB and drum list show coloured dots when per-pitch controllers
exist or have data.
* Improved: Instrument Editor (controller tab): Redesigned. Fixed MANY bugs
* Improved: Midi controller graph 'Ctrl' popup menus now unified (cascading).
* Improved: built-in templates and removed lots of unneeded definitions
* Improved: Velocity graphs. Icon for showing per-note or all velocities
* Improved: Piano KB has current selected note (yellow). For
velocity/polyaftertouch/other per-note ctrls
* Added 'speaker' icon to drum edit. And drum list and piano keyboard
now obey the 'speaker' icon
* Improved: Multi-port (aka multi-channel) midi import and export
* Added Gain knob on channel strip for audio tracks
* Changed WaveTrack and AudioInput to create mono tracks instead of stereo
* Added: Informative text on Undo/Redo buttons/menu text/tooltips
("Undo AddTrack" etc).
* Fixed CR:3567893 Play Event on note creation
* Bug 3555569, 3555572: New informative ERROR, WARNING and HINT
messages in cmake build script.
* Bug 3555581: No synths listed in Edit menu: main.cpp: Move
initMidiSynth() ahead of MusE.
* Feature request 3565102: FLAC audio file import.
* Fix for forum topic "Ordering of simultaneous events".
* Summer sleep is over! plugins can now be grouped
* Finished the Sysex Editor in the Instrument Editor.
* increased zoom range in arranger, reversed zoom in wave editor
* Internal fluidsynth and simpledrums search project dir for missing
sounds to ease portability, and if no sounds are found a load file
dialog is shown
For more information and additional changes see the changelog:
Find the download at:
The MusE Team
Linux-audio-announce mailing list