Here it goes.
Mostly a LV2 1.0.0 compliance release with some fixes from the stash
and fewer candies from the jar. On the darker/brighter side (your
choice) there's news on the LV2 atom(ic) fall-out now being officially
over. A new dawn has commenced, quite as every day follows every night
may I add.
I'd better stop right here and save you all from that boring
trivialities. Let's go with the plain, interesting facts:
Qtractor 0.5.5 (foxtrot uniform) swings out!
* LV2 Atom/MIDI support (NEW)
* LV2 Worker/Schedule support (NEW)
* LV2 Presets support (NEW)
* LV2 Time/position support (NEW)
* LV2 Programs/instrument support (NEW)
* MIDI plugin event timing on tempo changes (FIX)
* Loop-recording/takes audio sync (FIX)
* Quick start guide and user manual (NEW)
* Russian and Italian translations (NEW)
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 12.1):
- binary packages (openSUSE 12.1):
- brand new (quick start guide &) user manual:
Weblog (upstream support):
Qtractor is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms
of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
- Auto-monitored MIDI tracks were missing their pass-through to their
respective MIDI output bus plugin chains, now fixed and letting any
multi-timbral instrument plugin to get a peek from auto-monitoring.
- New user option/preference to whether to open a plugin's editor
(GUI) by default, when available (cf. View/Options.../Plugins/Editor).
- Clicking and/or dragging for rubber-band selection on main
track-view canvas doesn't change the edit-head and -tail positions
- Backward and Forward transport commands now have an additional stop
at first clip start point.
- LV2 Atom/MIDI buffering support is finally entering the scene; LV2
Worker/Schedule support is also included in a bold attempt to convey
non-MIDI event transfers between plugin and its UI.
- MIDI Clip editor (aka. piano-roll) and MIDI Tools fix: avoid note-on
events of zero velocity, which conventionally equates to a dangling
note-off event and dropped into oblivion sooner or later. There's no
more need for Shift/Ctrl keyboard modifier to change in one single
step all the MIDI events that are currently selected (now consistent
- LV2 Presets support now entering effective operational status; a new
local option has been added (cf. View/Options.../Plugins/Paths/LV2
Presets directory; default is ~/.lv2).
- Dropped XInitThreads() head call as it was never useful but on those
early days of JUCE VST plugins.
- Italian (it) translation added (by Massimo Callegari, thanks).
- Clip fade-in/out dragging now follows snap-to-beat setting.
- Late modern eye-candy indulgence: alternate shaded stripes, on every
other bar as in a "zebra" background option for the main tracks and
MIDI clip editor views (cf. View/Snap/Zebra).
- LV2 Time/position information is now being supported through special
designated plugin input ports (after suggestion by Filipe Coelho aka.
falktx). Additionally, the time/position information report has been
corrected and complemented for VST plugins.
- Audio vs. MIDI time drift correction has been slightly improved
against rogue tempo changes across looping cycles.
- Honor tempo/timing on MIDI instrument plugins. Happy regression fix
on getting MIDI note-offs at looping ends back in business; all the
necessary bumming for MIDI plugins to play nice in face of tempo
changes and whenever playback is started from anywhere but the
beginning of the time-line (ie. frame zero); thanks to rvega aka.
Rafael Vega, for the heads-up).
- Audio clip wave-forms were being displayed in inverted phase (ie.
upside-down) all this time ever since day one. What a shame!
- LV2 Programs interface is getting initial experimental status, to
let LV2 instrument plugins get on par with the DSSI and VST crowd for
MIDI bank/program instrument inventory and selection support (a
sidetrack complot with Filipe Coelho aka. falktx, thanks:).
- Dropped the old but entirely useless LV2 URI-unmap feature, now
being superseded by official LV2 URID (un)mapper.
- Russian (ru) translation added (by Alexandre Prokoudine, thanks).
- SLV2 deprecation process started, effective now at configure time.
- Added include to shut up gcc 4.7 build failures (patch by
Alessio Treglia, closing bug #3514794).
- Another approach avoiding recursive observer widget updates. Also
applies to mixer, monitor and track state buttons.
- Update to latest LV2 state extension (by David Robillard, thanks).
- Loop-recording/take number displayed on clip title, respectively.
- Make(ing) -jN parallel builds now available for the masses.
- A one buffer period slack on audio engine's loop turn-around logic
might just have fixed an illusive report on loop-recording/takes going
progressively out-of-sync, most notably when recording under large
audio buffer period sizes (>= 1024 frames/buffer).
- Editing MIDI while playback is rolling, doesn't mute the track any
more, adding a point to the live editing experience.
- Finer granularity for direct access parameter mouse wheel changes.
- Dropped a dumb optimization for short full-cached multiple
linked/ref-counted audio clips which were incidentally out-of-sync
after rewind/backward playback. Once again and uncertain to be the
last take on this, got fixed (probably related to some oddity reported
by Louigi Verona, thanks).
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela
Linux-audio-announce mailing list