jack_capture is a program for recording soundfiles with jack.
The default operation of the program is executed by writing
in the terminal without any extra command line options:
...which will record what you hear in your loudspeakers into a stereo
Git repository: https://github.com/kmatheussen/jack_capture
Changelog 0.9.58 -> 0.9.62:
* CHANGE IN BEHAVIOR: The --daemon option now also suppresses all
* Support for using a config file.
A file in the distribution called 'config' can be copied into
~/.jack_capture/config and modifed as needed.
* Allow to remote-control jack-capture via OSC. (Robin Gareus)
* Added exec-hooks: jack_capture can launch an external app in
fire&forget mode (from the disk-thread). (Robin Gareus)
* When it opens a new file for writing
* When it closes a file, recording finished
* On file-name-rotation
* When first audio frame is received.
* Write a timestamp file with sample-accurate system time of the start
of recording. (--timestamp) (Robin Gareus)
* Forced file-name rotatation every N audio-frames. (--forcerotate)
* A new option to make jack_capture absolutely silent.
(--absolutely-silent) (Robin Gareus)
* Option for recording only while freewheeling. (--jack-freewheel)
* Total recorded time shown in console, as minutes and seconds.
* Backwards compatible JACK latency API. (Robin Gareus)
* Don't close jack client too early.
* New option: --no-stdin. Works the same way as the old --daemon
* Fix writing to stdout.
* Don't use helper thread when writing to stdout.
* Applied Filipe Lopes' freewheel patch. Do not reconnect ports when
People who have been involved some way or another to make jack_capture
are: Paul Davies, Jack O'Quin,
Steve Harris, Robin Gareus, Florian Faber, Adrian Knoth, Filipe Lopes,
Svend-Erik Kjær Madsen, Hermann Meyer, Dan Muresan, Orcan Ogetbil,
Fons Adriaensen, Gabriel J.L. Beckers, Julien Claassen, Dominique
Fober, Peder Hedlund,
Cesare Marilungo, Dragan Noveski, and Andras Simon. Please let me know
if I have forgotten you.
Linux-audio-announce mailing list