Radium is a music editor with a new and better interface.
It's inspired by trackers, but has fewer limitations and uses graphics
to show musical data.
The advantages of this interface compared to piano rolls (the normal
sequencer interface), are that note editing is quicker, and that more
musical data fits on the screen.
The advantage of this interface compared to trackers, is that note
positions and effects are edited graphically, which is both quicker,
provides more vertical space, and gives a better musically overview.
However, despite it's unusual appearance, it's a design goal for Radium
to be straight forward to use, and easy to learn. It should not be
harder to learn Radium than any tracker or most midi sequencers.
Source code repository:
Most important changes 1.9.14 -> 1.9.22:
* Linux version works properly without first cd into the path of the
* Change system font to Lato Black (http://www.latofonts.com)
* alsa: Fix name of input port, not always use "in".
* Menu option to GFX_message
* All stops are hard stops (Fix for stopping not always stopping
* Loop on/off button for samples
* Custom GFX for checkboxes and pushbuttons
* Fix color for qcomoboxes.
* Run check_dependencies.sh before making packages
* Remove separator between Reset and Help
* Remove loop from guitar sample in demo song
* Fix alsa midi input. (two ports named "in" made chaos)
* Radium can be used as midi sampler now. Only one instrument is
but as a work-around, several Radium instances can run
* Get wav loop points from smpl chunk, not by using Loop Start/Loop End
* Support looping for wav files with more than one LIST chunk
* Less verbose when pressing keys
* Remove textborder and minnodesize options
* Circumvent confusing GC_is_disabled API (fix for playing sometimes
taking many seconds to start)
* Dont update gfx from jack thread (horror)
* Update linenumber width (fix for blocks with more than 1000 lines)
* Fix building packages when theres no python2 executable
* Fix import midi files with many notes in tracks in non-polyphony mode
* Remove limitation on delete track
Linux-audio-announce mailing list