A wild crosspost appears!
Laborejo, Esperanto for "Workshop", is used to craft music through notation.
It is a Lilypond GUI frontend, a MIDI creator and finally a tool collection to inspire and help you compose.
It works by reducing music-redundancy and by seperating layout and data.
Before you read the details make sure to connect to Laborejos Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus!
Linux Instructions: Unpack, cd into the created directoy, execute:
Then use the number- and cursor keys for immediate success!
Check Help->Manual for navigational and note/rest entry keys. Everything else is in the menus.
New since version 0.3 (highlights):
* Lyrics are visible under the tracks directly and aligned to their notes
* Nicer cursor :)
* New dynamics like fp and sfz.
* New commandset for note speed entry with the numblock.
* Colored always-visible Marker in the GUI to indicate track groups. Also displays small instrument name for better orientation
* Lilypond binary and pdf viewer are now a config variable
* More Subsitutions (assign a pre-defined group to host notes. Group gets transposed and scaled accordingly). Final Fantasy arpeggio, common melody figures etc.
* Many bugfixes and small improvements that make the program work like you expected it to do anyway
Most important known problems:
* This is Alpha Grade Software. Don't use for long-term work. However, the produced midis and PDFs will last forever.
* There is no built-in jack midi output yet. You have to export midi files.
* Documentation is nearly non-existent.
* Deleting selected objects may result in strange gui behaviour. Nothing a save/reload can't fix for now.
Have fun, it would be nice to hear from you!
Linux-audio-announce mailing list