I'm pleased to announce the 1.1 release of xwax -- DJ software for Linux.
On the surface this is a minor update, since v1.0:
* Bug fix: incorrect display of track time remaining
* Instant loading of duplicate tracks
* Optionally protect decks during playback
* Improvements to music selector
* Increase speed building look-up tables
xwax is open-source vinyl emulation software for Linux. It allows DJs and
turntablists to playback digital audio files (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC
and more), controlled using a normal pair of turntables via timecoded
It's designed for both beat mixing and scratch mixing. Needle drops, pitch
changes, scratching, spinbacks and rewinds are all supported, and feel
just like the audio is pressed onto the vinyl itself.
The focus is on an accurate vinyl feel which is efficient, stable and
Linux-audio-announce mailing list