I'm happy to announce the release of Spek 0.6 - a multi-platform
acoustic spectrum analyser.
Spek is available on GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
Find out more about Spek on its website: http://www.spek-project.org/
New Features And Enhancements:
Spek 0.6 is part of beta 0.x releases, leading up to a stable 1.0 release
later this year. Check Spek website for the roadmap.
New features since 0.5:
* Switch from GStreamer to FFmpeg libraries for audio decoding. This
speeds up the overall analysis by a factor of 1.5 to 2.
* Decode audio and perform the analysis in separate threads. This makes
the analysis 1.3~1.8 times faster on multi-core systems (issue 11).
* Check for a new version once a week and notify when it becomes
available (issue 27)
* Windows installer branding (issue 32)
* Option to launch Spek when the Windows installer exits
* Fix link activation on Windows (issue 31)
* Fix ALAC issues on OS X (issue 23)
* Re-run the analysis only if the window width has been changed
* Fix opening of files containing Unicode symbols in their name on Windows
Linux-audio-announce mailing list