Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, funk to funky. Yawn. Cut the non-sense,
there's no burial service nor Bowie's song here. Just blowing some aging
stuff, maybe giving the patine that it deserves ;) Almost one long year
has gone by and sadly enough, there's no big new and flashy features to
show off. But, nevertheless,
Qsynth 0.3.5 is out from the closet!
Hope you enjoy the (not so big) news :) Have fun.
Qsynth is a FluidSynth GUI front-end application written in C++ around
the Qt4 toolkit using Qt Designer. FluidSynth is an excellent command
line software synthsizer based on the Soundfont specification.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 11.2):
- binary packages (openSUSE 11.2):
- binary packages (Ubuntu 9.10):
- Initial widget geometry and visibility persistence logic has been
slightly revised as much to avoid crash failures due to wrong main
widget hidden state.
- General source tree layout and build configuration change.
- Most modal message dialog boxes (eg. critical errors) are now replaced
by system tray icon bubble messages where available.
- Reverb and Chorus parameter ranges have been revised to match and
comply with fluidsynth back-end (libfluidsynth).
- Fluidsynth channel info and unset program interfaces are now in use
where available (libfluidsynth >= 1.1.1, EXPERIMENTAL).
- Global configuration state is now explicitly saved/committed to disk
when Options dialog changes are accepted and applied.
- Output peak level meters get their long deserved gradient look.
- Automatic crash-dump reports, debugger stack-traces (gdb),
back-traces, whatever, are being introduced as a brand new configure
option (--enable-stacktrace) and default enabled on debug build targets
- Added Czech (cs) translation, contributed by Pavel Fric.
- The channel preset selector (Channels/Edit...) has been seriously
crippled for ages, only showing the presets of the last loaded
soundfont, now fixed.
- Minimum number of MIDI channels allowed on engine setup has been
dropped from the old value 16 to as low as 1 (one), not that it makes a
difference, as (lib)fluidsynth internals just rounds it to the nearest
multiple of 16 anyway.
- Cleanup to knobs source, simplified from redundant stuff.
Weblog (upstream support, yours truly):
Qsynth is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms of
the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
Cheers && Enjoy.
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
Linux-audio-announce mailing list