QjackCtl 0.3.6 - Full D-Busification!
Times they are a-changing although Bob Dylan has no D-Business here. The
old and cutie gooey for JACK just got one turn around the verge of
bit-rotting. This time it brings full JACK D-Bus support, or almost. It
also adds D-Bus access for most GUI actions which some might find pretty
handy for keyboard shortcut binding from your desktop environment of
choice. However, if babies health is your top concern you can just turn
this D-Bus thing off and play with the old times ;) Ahem...
QjackCtl 0.3.6 is now released!
More details in the change-log, below.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 11.2):
- binary packages (openSUSE 11.2):
- binary packages (Ubuntu 8.04):
- binary packages (Ubuntu 9.10):
Weblog (upstream support):
QjackCtl is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms of
the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
- Make sure socket names are unique on each side of the Patchbay
(another patch from Dominic Sacre, thanks).
- A bunch of primitive D-Bus interface slots have been added, allowing
shortcut access to most of main applications actions like toggling
Messages, Status, Connections, Patchbay widget pop-ups, reset stats,
transport and so on. New bindings are given eg. via dbus-send --system /
org.rncbc.qjackctl.(main, messages, status, connections, patchbay,
setup, about, reset, rewind, backward, play, pause, forward). (from an
original idea from Sebastian Gutsfeld, thanks).
- Patchbay snapshot now tolerates JACK client port strings that have
more than one semi-colon in it, honoring just the first one exactly as
everywhere else eg. Connections. (a glitch as reported by Geoff Beasley
while using a2jmidid).
- Most modal message dialog boxes (eg. critical errors) are now replaced
by system tray icon bubble messages where available (mitigating feature
- Comply with jackd >= 0.118.0 which now runs in real-time mode by
default; use of -R is now deprecated from the jackd command line
interface options; use -r to run in non-real-time-scheduling.
- A man page has beed added.
- Got rid of a pretty old and never really useful "jackd-realtime"
server path option--actually, it was only seen available on the now
defunct old Mandrake Linux distro.
- D-Bus support, as provided by org.jackaudio.service aka jackdbus, is
now being introduced and used wherever available and whenever enabled.
Configuring, starting, stopping and logging the JACK back-end server
through the "infamous" jackdbus service is now being seamlessly exploited.
- Global configuration state is now explicitly saved/committed to disk
when Setup dialog changes are accepted and applied.
- Server name command line option added (-n, --server-name).
- Single application instance restriction option added (X11).
- Setup for the netjack (slave) "net" driver has now sample-rate and
frames per buffer (period size) settings disabled and/or ignored, as
those are pretty much auto-detected by default; also, a new "netone"
backend driver option has been introduced (as suggested by Torben Hohn).
- Czech (cs) translation added (by Pavel Fric).
- Fixed some main window keyboard shortcuts. Escape key now closes
Connections, Patchbay, Status and Messages widgets as usual (bug #2871548).
- Fixed glitch on configure portaudio support, specially when the
library is not detected as available.
Cheers && Enjoy.
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
Linux-audio-announce mailing list