Denemo version 0.8.20 has been released.
Denemo is a program for inputting music notation. http://www.denemo.org
The music being entered is displayed as conventional music notation and
can be typeset via GNU LilyPond and played via internal synthesizer.
Scheme scripting allows the user to generate music tests, music training
exercises and some educational games are included.
Feel free to report any bugs to our IRC channel #denemo @freenode or directly to my mail-adress (if you don't want to use the bugtracker).
If you want to join the Denemo development process: you are welcome! Use the same contact options mentioned above.
New features in this version:
* Improved cursor, showing insert position and clearly
distinguishing appending from editing/inserting
* Two key keyboard shortcuts
* MusicXML import
* Improved LilyPond import
* "NotationMagick": Scripts to generate, twist, randomize and
* Twelve-Tone-Row (Schoenberg) Generator
* Random Note insert. Variants: All diatonic, all
chromatic, from a given pool, a complete pool at once
* Bug Fixes
* Grace notes on tuplets fixed.
* Paste places non-note objects correctly.
* Build options:
* configure --disable-portaudio is now available, removes
dependencies of portaudio, libsamplerate, fftw3 and
Known Issues for this version:
Documentation is patchy. Translations very patchy.
Here are the compressed sources (from a mirror) :
If automatic redirection fails, the list of mirrors is at:
Or if need be you can use the main GNU ftp server:
Linux-audio-announce mailing list