KMid2 is a MIDI/Karaoke player for KDE4. It runs in Linux, using the ALSA
KMid2 plays to hardware MIDI devices or software synthesizers. It supports
playlists, MIDI mapper, tempo (speed), volume and pitch (transpose) controls
and configurable character encoding, font and color for lyrics. The graphic
views include a rhythm view (visual metronome), a channels window with
solo/muting controls and instrument selectors, and a piano player window
(pianola). KMid2 runs in Linux, using the ALSA Sequencer.
Changes in this release 0.2:
* External soft-synths can be automatically launched at startup. A new page
including FluidSynth and TiMidity++ settings has been added to the
* Each channel may be labeled in a text field besides each channel number.
* New "lock instrument" button in the channels window to override the song's
* Settings per song can be saved and automatically retrieved, including text
encoding, volume, pitch, rhythm, channel labels and fixed instruments.
* The sample songs location is added to the places navigation panel in the
* Several other usability enhancements.
Copyright (C) 2009-2010, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
KMid2 is free software distributed under the terms of the GPL v2 license.
* Source packages
* openSUSE RPMs, and Ubuntu DEB packages:
Linux-audio-announce mailing list